Larger Exhaust and noise

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ktpauley said:
I agree with Barrett. The only difference is his truck is an '03 and mine is an '04. From what I've heard the '04 has less turbo whistle. Get the MBRP turbo back duals and loose the cat.

Keith

Keith,

So, you have the bumper. :(
I have the 03 turbo. :sweet

Yours looks better, mine sounds better. Bummer :(

Still a tie. :D

Barrett

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
Keith,

So, you have the bumper. :(
I have the 03 turbo. :sweet

Yours looks better, mine sounds better. Bummer :(

Still a tie. :D

Barrett

Barrett, I see in your signature you have an '05 Ex on order. You know what that means. Another vehicle to do mods on. :thumbs What plans do you have for the new Ex?

Keith

Pile Buck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Mentioning killing a cat at TDS will get your post deleted... :eek:
Gosh I love this site...:D
Ummmm, very interesting! Seems like I was always in trouble over there. I’m starting to recognize some handles here that had helped me on the TDS. Yoda had helped me with some towing issues. Architect-builder walked me through posting pictures on the TDS. Thanks again guys for all your help. Oh I was Chyrel on the TDS, incase you are wondering ;)

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I'm getting my MBRP this week (I think tomorrow) and I like it loud so you're saying keep the cat off??? (do u mean the converter?)

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is it. Loose the convertor. You'll need get the delete/test pipe as the new systems are designed to keep the cat in place. Keith

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Oh i gotta order somethin else??? :(
That sucks I was gonna take a trip to TN and I wanted to hear it the whole way -popcorn
Thanks for the help
P.S. Can I do it at another time??? Like can I install it and then do it at a different time???

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can install the exhaust now and install the cat delete pipe later. I don' t know how many band clamps you'll have to loosen and remove but it shouldn't be too hard to do. The earlier systems didn't keep the cat. Mine is in the garage hiding. Keith

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I finished my installation finally and I was revving it up at a stop light and I got a :sweet from another 05' owner...I kept the cat on because I heard you need it to pass inspection...too bad but I'm very happy with it! :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58