Lasik Eye Surgery post opp question

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen, did you have the mono vision surgery?

not sure what that means wayne. just one eye done at a time? if so, no, i both of them done at the same time.

i did go for my one week post op visit this morning. i asked him about the bluriness and when he looked at my eyes thur his instruments, he said my left eye was dry around part of the flap that was cut, the right eye was dry to but not as bad.

i have been doin my eye drops religiously, but he said to do them more, so as to keep the eyes really moist.

thanks for the help ya'll (except jv, :smack), j/k buddy, i know where you were coming from. :D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the mono vision surgery is "age related". It's an alternative to bifocals. If I ever have any type of surgery, I'm going for the crystal lenses.

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my Medical professional opinion you just had a laser "burn" into your eye.....so your going to be going through a healing process and like was said before....so i dont get to technical the part of your brain that controls Focusinf is going WTF just happened and will take time to adjust to it its not a procedure that goes without side effects....some of this is fact based and some is my Educated Opinion im sure an Opthamologist can hel you out though:sly

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
In my Medical professional opinion you just had a laser "burn" into your eye.....so your going to be going through a healing process and like was said before....so i dont get to technical the part of your brain that controls Focusinf is going WTF just happened and will take time to adjust to it its not a procedure that goes without side effects....some of this is fact based and some is my Educated Opinion im sure an Opthamologist can hel you out though:sly

thanks. i am and was fully aware of what i was going to be going thru.

i was just wanting some feedback from anyone that has gone thru the lasik procedure. how long their recovery time was, what side effects did you have, etc. etc. just tryin to compare notes.

kinda like when some ask what has your experience been with such and such tuner, chip, programmer.

my eye doctor told me wednesday morning that about a month is an average time period for recovery, but everyone is different.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,

I had the surgery done in March, but I had the Custom PRK. However, I asked a lot of questions of the doc when determining which type of surgery I wanted. The recovery time is based on the individual and the type of surgery. In general, the PRK types (regular and custom) take longer to heal because the outer surface of the eye is scraped off and must grow back. With Lasik, as you know, the outer layer is sliced, folded back, then the eye is lased, and the outer layer is folded back in place. So Lasik tends to heal quicker, but the healing time is anywhere from 3 months (lasik) to 12 months (custom PRK). Vision should be within 20/40 within a week, but will vary greatly from day to day as the eyes go through the healing process.

I spent about 2 months not comfortable driving on the highway because of blurry vision--probably about 20/30 or 20/40 (hey, I was used to 20/20 with contacts). But eventually it evened out, the dryness subsided, and things got real crisp all the time. Now I'm seeing about 20/10 in each eye and things are great.

It sure is frustrating not having good control of your eyes, but they'll heal in just a little bit of time. Hang in there because they'll be back on track soon. What you described is "standard" according to my eye doc. I'm glad I had the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Bruce

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,

I had the surgery done in March, but I had the Custom PRK. However, I asked a lot of questions of the doc when determining which type of surgery I wanted. The recovery time is based on the individual and the type of surgery. In general, the PRK types (regular and custom) take longer to heal because the outer surface of the eye is scraped off and must grow back. With Lasik, as you know, the outer layer is sliced, folded back, then the eye is lased, and the outer layer is folded back in place. So Lasik tends to heal quicker, but the healing time is anywhere from 3 months (lasik) to 12 months (custom PRK). Vision should be within 20/40 within a week, but will vary greatly from day to day as the eyes go through the healing process.

I spent about 2 months not comfortable driving on the highway because of blurry vision--probably about 20/30 or 20/40 (hey, I was used to 20/20 with contacts). But eventually it evened out, the dryness subsided, and things got real crisp all the time. Now I'm seeing about 20/10 in each eye and things are great.

It sure is frustrating not having good control of your eyes, but they'll heal in just a little bit of time. Hang in there because they'll be back on track soon. What you described is "standard" according to my eye doc. I'm glad I had the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Bruce

thanks for the feedback bruce. glad to hear everything worked out real good for ya. the surgeon did go over both precedures and said i was good candidate for either one, so i chose lasik for the quicker recovery time.

when my eye dr. examined me last time, i was 20/20. the left eye is taking longer to heal and is blurry from time to time. the right eye is really doin awesome.

i do see halo's around the lights at night, kinda tuff to get use to. but i know in the end, it will all be worth it, shoot, it already is worth it.

i love my new eyes. thanks again for your feedback. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg