Last Diesel Bath.......

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
OK thought that there might have been something that I was missing. Good, seems the 7.3 way is much cleaner/easier.
Thanks jharvey

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
john
oil guard answered, they have no plans at this time to produce matching fuel filter caps like the oil filter:(

guess i will look around :sly

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Crusin350 said:
OK thought that there might have been something that I was missing. Good, seems the 7.3 way is much cleaner/easier.
Thanks jharvey

No problem Derrick.

powerboatr said:
oil guard answered, they have no plans at this time to produce matching fuel filter caps like the oil filter

Well if that doesn't bite a biggie.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
jharvey said:
I hope........just got done doing my 3 month/5k fluid replenishment and drain and finally remembered to put in the LCF drain plug I have had for 2 months so hopefully I won't get showered in Diesel next time I drain the HFCM.

If I ever get my hands on the in-jun-eer who decided "let's put it here, right by the front drive shaft" -mad -mad

Anyways, for those who have not gotten the LCF drain plug for the HFCM on the DSFR next to the FDS go ahead and do it, all of 13.00 smackers and no more Diesel Deo in the Pits.....I hope.
Are you doing this with the rear of the truck elevated? 1/4 tank or so of fuel? Fuel cap off? I've read alot of posts about this...I don't think I've ever lost more than maybe 8 oz. total.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
F350DRW1 said:
Are you doing this with the rear of the truck elevated? 1/4 tank or so of fuel? Fuel cap off? I've read alot of posts about this...I don't think I've ever lost more than maybe 8 oz. total.

Oh I never get more than 8-10 ounces out, the problem is where is it going to go, usually I get lucky enough to hold the plug almost in and let it run into a mason jar, but every now and again the plug slips and that 8-10 ounces spews forth with just enough velocity to hit the front drive shaft and shower me. Hopefully no more.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
jharvey said:
Oh I never get more than 8-10 ounces out, the problem is where is it going to go, usually I get lucky enough to hold the plug almost in and let it run into a mason jar, but every now and again the plug slips and that 8-10 ounces spews forth with just enough velocity to hit the front drive shaft and shower me. Hopefully no more.
I bought another fuel filter cap, and I'm going to try putting a small petcock on the bottom of it. Its plastic, so we'll see. I'm going to try it though. If you could drain the housing cap and the drain plug, it could get easier.

illapah

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread befor I saw this. here is my other post:

I tried to instal this new plug yesterday. I was in a hurry, diesel running down my arm, etc. the fit seemed to be very tight. I could not hand tighten to stop the diesel drip. I am going on long trip soon and did not want any stripped items.

anyone else replaced the plug with this one yet and noticed too hard to just hand tighten for leak free plug?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine four months ago without any problems or drips. Works great and no diesel fuel running down my arm.:sweet

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Diesel = "eau de big rig". Like Robert says, used in small doses, it makes the ladies think you're a prince of the highways. :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg