Latest Recall

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just had the latest recall done which was for reprogramming the computer (06E17 I believe). Anyway, this recall addressed all my problems and even fixed them with the exception of one, the serious turbo lag at take off. The truck runs better, better fuel mileage, better idle and quicker starts. The problem that bugged me the worst was the lack of power at take-off and now that seems to be worse than before the recall. Once the truck hits 2nd gear she takes off like a rocket but it is a pain to get to 2nd gear. Has anyone had this recall done and if so have you had any problems similiar to mine or any problems at all? Also, will a programmer help this issue? And if so, what would be the best programmer to use for play and towing.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited:

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that is what gets confusing. The turbo spools quickly all the way to 20 psi before shifting into 2nd gear. This recall is supposed to change the way the turbo spools by getting its info from something different than before. I'm not sure where the info came from or where it is getting it now. If someone has the low down on this recall I would appreciate the info.

Thanks
Scott

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rsjohnsn said:
Well, that is what gets confusing. The turbo spools quickly all the way to 20 psi before shifting into 2nd gear. This recall is supposed to change the way the turbo spools by getting its info from something different than before. I'm not sure where the info came from or where it is getting it now. If someone has the low down on this recall I would appreciate the info.

Thanks
Scott
its not frods fault for teh severe life thretening lag
the epa mandated a very low soot or smoke factor, so teh programers to meet this will not allow to much fuel at the time you punch it to reduce smoke, so no extra fuel equals lag until it picks up engine rpm tehn teh boost and fuel are POURED on and it goes

i have found that if you anticiapate the take off and throttle up to around 1200 or so and ease into the throttle vice flooring it will take off easier and with more response and less lag.

hope it helps
i hate the lag to it alsmost got me hit a few times:eek:

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the lag either. I'm going to have to get something to fix that soon. I've made a few "runnin with the scissors" moves and the truck almost took too long to red rocket down the road.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
best thing would be a quicker spooling turbo... chips add more fuel and boost... but if your taking a long time to get boost chip really wont help

After closer review oi8228oi I believe you are correct on the spool up time. I have determined that the exhaust valve isn't opening up all the way until boost reaches about 15psi. I'm not sure what is causing this but it isn't right. Is there anyway I can disconnect this valve to make sure this is what is happening? I found out more info about the recall and from what I read I am going to have them redo it again and make sure they follow the correct procedure for loading it.

Thanks
Scott

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i had the recall done and do not notice any lag. she is a red rocket literally. but i do need to say that i also got a new turbo, (updated one) which could be making the difference. i do not have any mods or gauges... i would echo your thoughts on a re-do just to see if they missed something.:thumbs
good luck

[email protected]

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
turbo problem

Just lost power with a big bang yesterday pulling my horse trailer up a slight grade, have a 06 350, had to be towed, turbo blown, has anyone else had this problem, only 40K and Ford won't cover expenses, heard from the tow truck driver that he had 4 in the last few months with the same problem.....thanks for any suggestions...

Thanks
Scott[/QUOTE]

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
rsjohnsn said:
After closer review oi8228oi I believe you are correct on the spool up time. I have determined that the exhaust valve isn't opening up all the way until boost reaches about 15psi. I'm not sure what is causing this but it isn't right. Is there anyway I can disconnect this valve to make sure this is what is happening? I found out more info about the recall and from what I read I am going to have them redo it again and make sure they follow the correct procedure for loading it.

Thanks
Scott

I don't think it's the turbo, but rather the programming. After getting this latest flash my turbo lag was pretty severe. My SCMT took care of the turbo lag problem. :dunno Then again, I've had two bad turbos, so maybe oi8228oi's on to something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58