Leaf spring separating pads?

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a part number for the pads between the individual leaf springs of my 99. Ford found them but says they arn't serviceable...anyone know better?
Jesse

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hello Marine,

I replaced mine with a thin piece of Rubber. About the thickness of an inner tube, Did this around 40 K ago, they seem to be holding up well, plus it seemed to quiet the ride down by just a bit. to install I jacked the truck up, to the load off of the suspension, used a tire iron to separate the spring then inserted the rubber square on top of what was left of the pad.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good fallback plan. Mine are completely gone and have been for some time now.
Jesse

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
There is a Ford part number for a plastic pad/separater for the front springs. I'll see if I can find out what that number is. Never heard of anything for the rears.

JRJ04

Reaction score
hey when you noticed they were bad were you getting a squeaking kind of noise from the front end when you rock the truck back and forth? I've got that and a kind of knocking sound and I'm wondering if this could be it?:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
interesting...I guess I need to look and see if mine need to be replaced too. that knocking sound is annoying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58