Leaking tranny sender

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
My gauges were installed a few days ago and yesterday I noticed an ATF drip from the tranny sender. I removed it and wrapped some teflon tape to seal it and now it's fine. Then I saw this on egauges.com.

Should I use sealant or Teflon tape on the threads of my sender?

Do not use sealant (including Teflon tape or plumbers pipe dope) on the threads of temperature or pressure senders. This will not allow the sender to properly ground itself to the engine and will cause the temperature to register high and the pressure to register low. This does not include floating ground senders which include a second terminal specifically for grounding.

My tranny gauge is electrical. What should I do?

Last edited:

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
I think you'll be fine buddy, I also put a few wraps of teflon tape on my sender to keep it from leaking. :sweet I think they put that in there for the people that think more means a better seal, lol. You'll be fine, otherwise I don't think it will work. :p

Now go have some fun with it, :oops:

Dave

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Oh the joy.........

I think you will LOVE that if it is your first chip! Just something about feeling all that new-found power and knowing ya got a few more positions to flick it up in to!! :)

How many days 'til it comes? -popcorn -popcorn It's just like Christmas!! ;)

Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
smokyred said:
I think you will LOVE that if it is your first chip! Just something about feeling all that new-found power and knowing ya got a few more positions to flick it up in to!! :)

How many days 'til it comes? -popcorn -popcorn It's just like Christmas!! ;)

Dave

I still have to discuss with Jody at what rpms I want my high idle set at. I'm leaning towards 1100 rpms. The rest depends on how busy he is and how slow UPS is. That's not a problem because this will give me ample time to check out the gauges in stock which I soon won't have anymore.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i didnt use any sealent on mine and it dont leak.but you could always solder a ground wire to the body of the sender and bolt it to the tranny pan or soemthing if youre worried about it

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
i didnt use any sealent on mine and it dont leak.but you could always solder a ground wire to the body of the sender and bolt it to the tranny pan or soemthing if youre worried about it

Thanks Rich, I've already spoken to Dave at Diesel Manor tech support about it. He said that the Isspros can have teflon tape without a bad ground problem. He told me to disregard that statement on egauge's site because that info relates to AutoMeters and DiPricols...not Isspros. My sender has two wires...one is a ground.

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
hheynow said:
My sender has two wires...one is a ground.

hmmmm.got a part number for it?mine don have 2 wires on it and i need a sender for the 94 so i might as well order 2 of these and not have toworry about it grounding or not

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Isspro R6859R White Faced EV for Tranny

R6859R.jpg

Can't find the P/N for just the sender but here's Isspro's toll free number. 888-447-7776.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58