Left turn thuunk

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Truck is making a thunk sound when turning left. I think it may be something in the suspension but I am not sure. Steering is smooth while driving and stationary. I am currently in the cold North for the holidays. Let me know what you guys think.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Check your front hubs and ensure they are unlocked/ free spinning.

My first guess is what you're hearing is a front u-joint thunk while turning sharply. It's a pretty common thing especially if 4wd is engaged.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Ball joints are new, both hubs are unlocked and I can turn the U-joints. It is sounding more like it is in the suspension. We have more driving to do todat so I'll try to narrow it down.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I must have been something frozen under the truck. I didn't hear it at all yesterday and it was in the upper 50s with rain.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
where in the Formerly Frozen North are you?

If you're close, cruise by.. my shop/barn is heated and I brought most of my tools home from work...

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where in the Formerly Frozen North are you?

If you're close, cruise by.. my shop/barn is heated and I brought most of my tools home from work...

This is what makes this site great. People that are willing to give up their own time or go out of their way to help others. :sweet :clap:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am an hour South of Buffalo, NY. Formerly frozen is correct. 60 degrees the day after Christmas kind of kills the frozen. I am starting to think that it is the sway bar ends. I have access to a shop but I am going to wait until we get back to GA.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i was gonna go w/ the sway bar option, as i too had that problem. i upgraded the factories to energy suspension and lubed the pizz out of them w/ the 'snot' they sent in the kit and no issues.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg