Left turn thuunk

dpantazis

Reaction score
i can't believe that NO ONE has said this already...

plan your trips so you only make right hand turns, the noise goes away! :roflmao

seriously, i hope its nothing major.

dp

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
We are headed South tomorrow morning. During the warm spell the noise went away. Will only make right turns until temps are above 35 degrees.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
No problems but the thunk has gotten louder and occurs more often. I am pretty sure that it is the sway bar end links. I can feel the thunk under my left foot while driving and the wife can feel in under her right foot on the passenger side. It has been happening on rough roads, expansion joints, and any other bumps that cycle the suspension. It also has gone beyond the left turns and now occurs in right turns and while driving straight. I crawled under the truck last night and I could turn both end links by hand and the bushings seem pretty soft.

FWIW, Until the rain last night, you could not tell what color the truck was due to the heavy coat of road salt. Tomorrow will be salt removal day.

atk

Reaction score
FWIW, Until the rain last night, you could not tell what color the truck was due to the heavy coat of road salt. Tomorrow will be salt removal day.

yeah and they are saying there might a salt shortage this winter, up here anyway....

FWIW, i am on my third set of front sway bar bushings. only have had the truck 2.5 years. i did put Ford bushing`s in the last time, see how long they last....

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah and they are saying there might a salt shortage this winter, up here anyway....

FWIW, i am on my third set of front sway bar bushings. only have had the truck 2.5 years. i did put Ford bushing`s in the last time, see how long they last....

:eek: really alex. what's the deal? i seem to recall you put (what would be the second set) on after i did mine???

atk

Reaction score
:eek: really alex. what's the deal? i seem to recall you put (what would be the second set) on after i did mine???

the energy set that i put on didn`t last even a year. put a cheap set on from local auto parts store(waste of time and money)....now i have OEM bushing`s now. been on there since spring, so far so good....

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Make sure it is not your track bar....the guy at the ford dealer told me it was my sway bar end links too. turns out it wasn't..it was the track bar bolts loose. If you turn the wheel left very slightly while parked and it pops, I would be willing to bet it's that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14