Leveling Kit Question

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of installing a 2 1/2" leveling kit on the front of my truck and a taller block from a F-350 in the back to make room for a slightly larger tire. Went to the local speed shop tonight, who does alot of lift kit business, and was told they do not make a leveling kit for the leaf spring front ends. The only way to raise the front is to install an add-a-leaf, but that will make it ride rough. The other option is to spend over $600 for a 2" lift kit that includes arched front springs. That was a little more than I was hoping to spend for the little bit of lift I want. Has anyone leveled the front end on a truck with front leaf springs? How did you do it and where did you get the kit? I think the truck would look good with a set of 285's under it, but not if I have to spend that much to do it. Thanks for the help guys.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leveled my early '99 with a spring shackle/hanger level ift kit. If I remember right it ran about $200 off ebay. Since I went 3 inches I had to modify my trac bar to take care of the resulting bumpsteer. Worked great when it was all done. and the ride was still smooth.

dezelboy2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll new here and all but here is a site that as high quality bracket kit in 2" and 4.5" for a decent price have the 2" with 1.5" add a leaf and 3" add a leaf on my 2000 F350 CC and i'm running 315x75x16 on factory wheels just get a little tire rub at full lock
Sky's Off-road Design - Products

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.5 inch leveling kit for my 04. Rough Country makes them as well as others. I paid less than 400 canadian for the whole kit. You can probably get it cheaper in the US. It has a complete leaf spring pack to replace your old leaf springs. It comes with longer shocks, hardware and another stabilizer bar, cheers hope this helps

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, your frontal area will be greater and more wind resistance. Less mpg's.

Dave

I am not a big fan of this subject but I felt I needed to say something. I hear bits and pieces of talk about mpg's, and it's a dumb topic to bring up. With 6" of lift and 35" Toyo's I am still getting 18 to 22 mpg and I don't drive nice. There are to many variables availible to hang a set number on any truck. Sorry about the raving:rant :sorry :rant

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the MPG did not really change. The 33 inch tires made a bigger difference .

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Most of the time, if people are looking for a lift and bigger tires, they may not be worried about mpg's so much, to a point. IMO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14