Limp Mode?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Truck shifted itself into tow / haul at highway speeds, trans gauge has no reading, tow haul light flashing. Check gauge light on. Will move but shifts harshly in tow / haul. :dunno

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles.........time to get the codes read.

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
your gonna need to get it scanned to see what went wrong, its in the limpy home mode. find somene with a scanner ar try auto zone

you can also access the dtcs if you have the green didigtal odometer usually found on lariats and xlts.
by turning the key on, on your display select teh odometer, then pres and hold the trip reset and turn the key off while still holding the reset button, then turn the key back on and let off the reset and if it accessed the self checker teh gauges will start sweeping, then you can push reset to scan through about a bizzillion codes til it gets to the DTCS, then write em down and go check the wiki for the code definition. the odo will reset the trip and be normal on next start

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. My dealer has a sweet crew-cab F250 I've been eyeing up, and this might be the incentive I need. Don't really need a dually or 1 ton at this point due to job situation. The old girl has been good to me, but I just can't keep throwing wads of cash at this thing. :(

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like a powertrain controller or input device... they don't throw themselves into tow/haul hydraulically....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I followed Powerboaters advise and went in thru the odometer. When I got to dtcs that was the number flashing. :confused:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see my previous post...those are NOT ODBII codes...in fact theyre
not much of anything useful they are dash cluster codes at best.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Ok, Bush, Ok. I'm not debating it. A suggestion was made, I followed it. I'll take it to the dealer. Just figured this was the place to go first. Talk to you guys later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58