Limp Mode?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Honestly, Bush, I'm not sure about the TSB. I got a recall notice and brought it in. That was like 3 years ago. I remember something about a snap ring that could break. Only other recall's I got were wiring related.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well im just tryin to help you avoid
some outta pocket expense where possible....i 'spose an oasis report
would prove which recall had been performed on your truck

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I appreciate it, Bush. My truck is about 130k out of warranty, lol. I've been to the shop, and the owner spent hours with me going over options, converters, the whole nine yards. I'm going with a high quality re-build with heavier clutches, higher line pressures, and heavier shifting drums. Also an extra deep aluminum sump, for 5 quarts more fluid capacity. Topped off with a 1600 stall speed billet converter. Its time consuming because of some machining needed to get the converter to fit and there is some machining needed in the vavle body. Should put about 18% more power to the rear wheels and improve mileage. Some of the replacement parts dwarf the stock components. The shop has been featured in several of the diesel mags, and I was impressed with the place. I'll get it back monday night. Keep you updated.

atk

Reaction score
I appreciate it, Bush. My truck is about 130k out of warranty, lol. I've been to the shop, and the owner spent hours with me going over options, converters, the whole nine yards. I'm going with a high quality re-build with heavier clutches, higher line pressures, and heavier shifting drums. Also an extra deep aluminum sump, for 5 quarts more fluid capacity. Topped off with a 1600 stall speed billet converter. Its time consuming because of some machining needed to get the converter to fit and there is some machining needed in the vavle body. Should put about 18% more power to the rear wheels and improve mileage. Some of the replacement parts dwarf the stock components. The shop has been featured in several of the diesel mags, and I was impressed with the place. I'll get it back monday night. Keep you updated.

if you don`t mind me asking, what kind of price tag on that? thanks....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Level 10. You nailed it. With tax, R/R trans., all prts. fluids, servo's, and performance mods. total $4280.00

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

all things considered that kinda miles on ANY tranny is damm good...
even if you NEVER tow anything.

ill be the 1st to admit i dont fully understand automatics and torque
convertors...

im wondering about this 1600rpm stall speed...doesnt that mean the
truck wont initally move until it hits 1600rpm ? just curious on a 3500-ish
rpm limit isnt that gonna seem kinda high ? whats the stall speed of the
factory converter ?

i think im in need of an education....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members