Logging Conference

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mark of a true craftsman. Good to hear Wayne. Thanks.

Dave

Very true, Dave. He was always a perfectionist with a lot of things. Once did some valve work on his Farmall Super A. He wasn't a mechanic but had good advice on it. He set up some sawhorses in our back yard and put some long boards on them for a table and as he took parts off, he put them in a certain order, then when he replaced them, he went the reverse order and everything worked. When I tried to help with anything, he always said "The best way you can help is to stay out of the way". I regret not insisting on helping him with things as I could have learned lots that way. He was 40 years older than me and I was the type not to argue, just followed orders. After he got sick with cancer (lived six months from the day of it being discovered), I had to fix some pipes on the outside of their water well. He wasn't able to come outside and help but he stood at a window watching every move to be sure I knew what I was doing. If he hadn't gotten cancer, he would probably have lived many more years, passed away within 6 months of his 80th birthday. His heart was beating strong up to the end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg