Look what i got to work on today...

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Mike K said:
I was in dover from late 2000 (when i got out of tech school) to July 2003. I went to Kunsan AB, Korea after Dover. I got out of the military in Sept 04 and have been over here ever since.

If your a Crew chief you've more than likley worked with my cousin, Jason Cobb

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
fly boy said:
I am an FTD instructor at Tyndall.

The bobtails are fun to drive. The four wheel steering is a hoot.

I have a friend thats an FTD instructor down there, Sgt Shearer (sp?)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Mike K said:
nope, its just a regular F350 that has just been shortened.

hey mike, when they shorten the frame, do they redrill for the springs, and then cut the frame off at the back?

OR, do they cut the frame in the middle and take out a section, and then weld the frame back together?

just curious

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
Im at Langley, I was a Crew Chief on the F-15 / F-22 but I just cross trained to Flight Engineer on the Blackhawk, Ill soon be at Moody after I finish Flight school

Crash Recovery has the big basterd, there isnt a dam thing that it cant pull
you cant beat the 60 airframe its a real winner and a dependable puppy cept for AV stuff

go HAWKS arrrrrgggg :hail :sweet

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
hey mike, when they shorten the frame, do they redrill for the springs, and then cut the frame off at the back?

OR, do they cut the frame in the middle and take out a section, and then weld the frame back together?

just curious

Hmmm.... thats a real good question. I just went and looked at a Dodge (we dont have any Fords in the shop right now :sweet ) and i dont see where it has been welded or modified in any way. So either the manufactuer of the truck either moves the suspension then chops off the back OR they order the frame like that from Dodge because everything looks like it came form the foactory.

I am going to ask around to see if anybody knows for sure. :sorry

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
you cant beat the 60 airframe its a real winner and a dependable puppy cept for AV stuff

go HAWKS arrrrrgggg :hail :sweet

Ya I know, I love the UH-60, the bad thing now is that its getting replaced by the 47.. It seems that it would have been cheaper to keep the 60s and do upgrades, nope they decided to get a whole new WAY TO BIG 47

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14