rant Looking for answers!

Republican

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Since I became a member of this board, I have been very diligently seeking a 99 to 2003 7.3 PSD. Preferably a 6 speed manual, crew or super crew 4x4 with no more than 140k on it and I can not locate one within 7 state locale. (MI, OH, PA, NY, NJ, WV, MD)

I would like to pay no more than 13k for one and it has become almost useless for me to keep searching, but I continue! Is it that difficult to find?

Or is that I need to bump up the purchase price a bit :dunno

This frustrates me to no end :rant

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
It's the bolt-action transmission that's tripping you up.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
not very many standard transmission trucks around here at ALL, much less 7.3 SuperDutys

Republican

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That makes no dam sense at all, these Super Duties are work trucks and would you not think that those who purchased them new, would purchase these trucks w/standard trannies?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
That makes no dam sense at all, these Super Duties are work trucks and would you not think that those who purchased them new, would purchase these trucks w/standard trannies?

"work truck" :lmao

even the railroad trucks I get in the shop are automatics...

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you will look, all work trucks are automatics. Very seldom does a company order a pickup with a standard transmission.

I do not get the love affair with manuals. Even semis are gradually going to automatics, because they are finding that they are safer and more fuel efficient.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have a Standard 6 speed and I will keep it a long time, These units are undistructable and we keep them. The automatic on the 7.3 had a so and so reputation that in the early 2000's Ford was trying to sell Std's only. Actually thats why I grabbed this std, I am driving.
I wish I had a Camera, the other day I hooked on a Dodge to pull a GM that was in the ditch. It was on slippery winter road and thepull was a bit uphill. The Dodge was just spinning so I hooked on the dodge, put mine in 1st low range 4 x 4 and just let go the clutch enough to slowly pull the both trucks. My Truck never spinned and pull steady. The dodge unhooked and took off pretty fast, I was left there with a great smile.
PS the dodge was loaded with a Skydoo in the box. I love the way these standard trucks perform. Thats why they are hard to find, the one that have them keep them.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Standard 6 speed and I will keep it a long time, These units are undistructable and we keep them. I love the way these standard trucks perform. Thats why they are hard to find, the one that have them keep them.

X2 ;tu

Yul just have to be patient Republican, and keep looking. You might have to broaden yer search area, and travel some, to get one.

I had a Hellofa time finding a New one in 2000, when I bought mine. They're hard to find, out here in Cali too.

The OEM clutch assembly is the only weak point. (IMO)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14