looking into a project engine guys.. this WILL be FUN!!!

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll be fine with the cpr system. even if it drops a few psi at wot you'll be ok, hell mine drops to 20 psi and still made over 600 lol.

Try the stock h2e turbo with stock headgaskets and good h-11 headstuds, if the stock h2 doesnt get you where you want have it modded. Id also recommend sticking with EDM nozzles on the injectors- i think diy now uses the good edm nozzles. You might try dropping the compression a touch to help out with cp, i had about 5cc removed from the bowls of the pistons. IIRC it will drop the cr somewhere in the 16-16.5 range. Your in Tx, so id recommend making a trip up to DFW and getting some custom tuning from Wildman to get things just right. If you have any questions just shoot me a pm and i'll let you know what i think or if ive tried it.

Last edited:

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
thanks Luke, that turbo info was exactly what i was looking for. why would i need to drop the compression? i'm new to the lower compression stuff on these things. the only thing i know about it is people do it when they are using a lot of nitrous or something in those high horsepower trucks.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping compression just helps keep the cylinder pressure lower when you start running alot of fuel.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
oh, ok. i'm going to learn a lot more about these engines when i build this engine. now it's turning out to be a big deal between my brother and i on who's truck is going to pull better and be faster after we build the engines for them. cummins vs powerstroke. LoL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58