Low Fuel Warning comes on to Soon!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Dealer finally fixed it!! Without FMC help. I have to assume the fix will not be billed to them at least. It wasn't billed to me either.

They took out the sending unit and Modified it somehow. I think a slight bend somewhere.

When I took it in the last time the low Fuel Warning had just came on less then a mile from the Dealer and when I picked it up they had "adjusted" it so the gauge read just below a 1/4 tank. I drove about 120 miles the next day before filling the tank 36.813 gallons and the Low Fuel Warning never came on.

I'm happy now!!

u0104940

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im having this exact problem on my brand new 07 F350. Warning comes on at about "45 miles till empty" yet it only will take 29 gallons of fuel. Guess I'll have to take it up with the dealer.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I thought the fuel warning was SUPPOSED to chime in at about 50 miles to empty.

Mine chimes at 50, 40. 35. 30. 25. 20. 10. 5 miles to empty.

I accidentally went to zero miles to empty once. When the lie o meter said 0 miles to empty, the engine quit from fuel starvation. Luckily I was on the way to refuel, I was a block from the station. Put more diesel in and she started right up. Never again will I let her get down that low.

I'll bet a bunch of you guys have 29 gallon tanks instead of the larger ones if all you can put in is 29 gallons. I can put about 30 in when the tank is bone dry and I fill it to the top of the filler neck.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having this exact problem on my brand new 07 F350. Warning comes on at about "45 miles till empty" yet it only will take 29 gallons of fuel. Guess I'll have to take it up with the dealer.

Yea, it really sucks when you buy a truck that Should be able to go 600 miles on one tank and all you can get out of it is 450. If I wanted a short beds fuel range I would have bought a short bed.

29 Gallons in a tank that I know will hold 42.8 is just not acceptable!!

u0104940

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im big into dirt bikes and we go riding in the middle of nowhere in the desert. I was hoping for more when I went to the long bed F350 (prev. had a short bed F250) It's nice not having to stop for fuel. I was debating on using this product, this problem only confirms my decision to use this tank: http://www.aerotanks.com/inv/1019.htm

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
low fuel chime too soon

after reading this post, and doing research (running tank low & letting the chime come on) today. i would like to chime in here. i have the 29 gal. tank and i gotta give my best guess as to when it came on and it would have been about 7 gallons to empty. Because when i fueled up today it clicked of @ 26.4 and i filled it to 29.178 @ $2.399. For what it is worth, i drove that tank to 360.3 miles (1 road trip and rest intown driving). At best i can do 290-330.:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya