Low Speed Cruise Control

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a mod that would make the cruise control work at any speed, particularly less than 5 or 10 MPH?

When traveling over very rough ground, it's tricky to keep the throttle constant, as your foot is bouncing all over the place.

Or how about wiring a switch to idle up while in gear? This could be tricky to do though, as you would need a saftey interlock, that when you step on the brake it cuts the higher throttle.

Is there something out there, or am I the only one with this problem?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that cruise control will not work less than 25 mph. Everything you want to do is against all of the safeties (like the brake light) that are built in.

Dave

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not the only one with this problem. Mine/I do the exact same thing. I blame it on the fly by wire throttle.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I also attribute it to the electonic pedal deally wopper. It's getting to be that way in alot of things, loaders tractors, etc. They are all quite touchy. At least on the PSD if you use cruise the pedal stays sucked in so you dont have to stomp on it all the way and guess where it starts to apply throttle. On some equipment I drive the pedal doesn't move with the hand throttle. Quite annoying when trying to add a little bit of RPM's for a short while.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
I've contemplated rigging up a hand throttle for my Jeep, but that's a little easier application as its EFI and I'd just have to rig a cable to the throttle body.

EDIT: I know in my Jeep too I can very easily maintain 5-10 mph by just kicking it into 4Lo and idling.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF you don't need the gearing,
I always put it in 3rd for smoother throttle application at the low speeds....

otherwise 1st gear and turbo spooling or shifts or bumps WILL make the flow rather jerky :)

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the pedal doesn't go down, not sure why I thought it did. Just one of my brain farts again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58