Question Low Sulphur Fuel Additive?

JFORE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 97 F-350 should I be using a additive with the low sulphur fuel? I was considering the Stanadyne Perforance formula is anyone using this or have other suggestions?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stanadyne has been around for quite a while and is a good respected name.

Another that many are happy with has been the diesel kleen that is available at Wal-mart

There's a great debate on if you need to and/or should run the additives, in general I don't I do periodically run some B-100 which is another option that you can use if available to add the lubricative properties back to the fuel.

One that I've seen gaining popularity is adding ashless 2 stroke oil.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
people that run TCW3 two-cycle oil (myself included) report less injector rattle from the top end of the engine.

I run Diesel Kleen every other tank. Now they make a cute little pint bottle that treats 25 gallons, instead of the 48 oz'er that you had slop around in the bed for three fill-ups...

ono_55

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I run diesel kleen i use the 48oz put half the bottel in each tank pick up 2 miles per gallan that way. It also smells good to.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
as long as it's well filtered,regular heating oil has all the lubricants that motor was meant to handle,and need, 500 ppm is what yer looking for,and at a reaonable price
but the tree huggers will tell you different

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58