Lowering the Dually

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I have been on a mission for a long time to find a lowering kit, airbag style.. Ive found I beams with a 3 inch drop for the front and that will be fine but Ive been baffeled on trying to find a rear end air bag setup, has anyone else found anything or can other (newer) years work on the OBS?

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
where did you find the I beams?im considering lifting or dropping mine.if i drop it im gonna yank the rear axle and have the spring perches cut off and rewelded so that i can put the springs under the axle to give me about a 3" drop in the rear

DXM31

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too have been on a search to lower my truck.
I really don't like the Dream beams from DJM, those round tubes don't look all that sturdy, AIM makes welded up I-beams, but I have seen I-Beams that look like the OE ones just lower but I don't know who makes them.
To answer your question I have found 4 link conversions with airbags for the rear. I will have to get back to you on that when I find it again.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ive seen them for 300-400 in other places but this is the first I could remember.. Pick up Truckg Magizine and you will find advertizements for the I beams.. Im wanting to totally remove the leafs for a better ride, adjust hieght, a softer ride, and more stable

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=1739

dynamicimage.ashx

DXM31

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That street scraper one is pretty extreme.

Another option for the front is to go with a Mustang II front end and bag that but man that would be pricey.
But haveing rack and pinion steering would be nice.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I wouldnt want to have to deal with A arms and especially with mustangs and a diesel motor..

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Wow I guess I havent been on here for a long time, Ive moved and had the truck was stolen and recoverd this past summer.. Anyways when the truck was stolen over the summer and recoverd 7 days later the Pass beam was bent along with the radius arm, so all that needed to be replaced, I had them install the DJM lowering beams since the whole kit was cheaper than one factory I beam.. I also finally got around to lowering the rear about 5 inches by just unbolting the rear setup and rebolted to the height I wanted, if you wonder how, its because I have an aftermarket rear suspension setup that doesnt use shackles, instead I have polyproproline rubber bushings bolted together and you just flop things around and or reconfigure them.. I will get new picks and post them up when I get a chance..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14