LPOP/HPOP questions.experience with these is seriously needed

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok i have the stealth dual hpop system on my truck so if you dont know what it is or anything about it you may not be of any help to me.sorry im not being rude.

ok my truck acts wierd.one day it runs fine one day it runs like crap.

my last problem with it just acting like it was running out of fuel and dying i thought was fixed.all new orings and an injector and it ran better than ever.now its back to skipping,stalls if i rev it hard and let right off the pedal.if i shut it off and restart its back to sounding like a gasser with the timing advanced too far.

the other day i fueled it up and let it run all day,and i mean i let it it idle for about 6 hours thats how pissed i am at this truck.it seemed fine after that.restart were fine and everything.yesterday it lit right off in the cold not plugged in.but i shut it off and it didnt want to restart.so i left it running again for probably another 7 or 8 hours this time.im tired of this.

but heres where the oil pumps come in.i noticed that my low oil pressure comes up real slow even after running for 4 hours.it carries 30PSI at idle when hot.what psi should i have at what RPM and how fast should it get there?is there an aftermarket LPOP for guys like me running dual HPOPs?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well i just held it on the floor.where i comme from thats called giving it a hot supper.one of 3 things will happen,itll straighten itself out,blow itself up or break whatever is wrong with it.itll rev to around 3400 and stay for a few second and then back itself down to 2500 and just pour white smoke out of it,of course the wind had to blow it away fom me so i couldnt see what it smells like :rant but now it idles perfect,revs beautiful and seem to run fine.

im really beginning to hate this truck at times!!

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does you oil gauge say when its running bad?

i dont have a gauge in my truck but do in the wifes. it will show about 55 cold as soon as you start it then when it gets warm it will drop to around 45 and don't realy move any after that. it is plume in at the back of the block between the oil fitter and tranny.(i was chacing turbo problems and thats the port that feed the turbo)

anyway, have you check the reservor when its doing this?
their is a high flow lpop i have one on my truck,but it's been over 3 years sence i got it.might not have the info anymore.
do you have a fuel pressure gauge? kind sound like a fuel pump problem.bad groung on the pump or bad relay or just a weak pump .(depending if you have one)but i dont have a glue just trying to give more to think about:dunno

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just thought of something. check that tin nut on the IPR or IPR's. i had one that was just a little loose screwing with me when i first went to the 2 IPR's set up.
if it is loose that will kill the oil flow or screw with it anyway

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
what does you oil gauge say when its running bad?i havent relly payed attention to it.ill have to look at it and see what its doing

i dont have a gauge in my truck but do in the wifes. it will show about 55 cold as soon as you start it then when it gets warm it will drop to around 45 and don't realy move any after that. it is plume in at the back of the block between the oil fitter and tranny.(i was chacing turbo problems and thats the port that feed the turbo)i put a gauge in everything i drive!i dont trust the factory oil gauges at all.ice cold mine will hit 100PSI :eek:but warm 45 seems to be the most i can get and i think i should have more

anyway, have you check the reservor when its doing this?
their is a high flow lpop i have one on my truck,but it's been over 3 years sence i got it.might not have the info anymore.
do you have a fuel pressure gauge? kind sound like a fuel pump problem.bad groung on the pump or bad relay or just a weak pump .(depending if you have one)but i dont have a glue just trying to give more to think about:dunno

check it running or not running?one that it does do since the stealth and i have asked before and nobody could answer me is my guage on the dash acts wierd.normal driving its fine.but if i get into the gauge will drop to zero and come back up.they say the LPOP wasnt keeping up with the dual HPOPs but there are other trucks out there running this system and others with no problems but mine seems to have been the only truck to have a problem as i had to send my system back and wait for it.

thanx for the info though:sweet

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check that nut when not running. its the tin nut thing that holds the magent on the ipr. as for you dash gauge moving i think thats in your program only because i have a few burns that the gauge does that after i get off it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i know the nut youre talkin about.the guage started doing that after i finally got the stealth to work like it was supposed to so i KNOW the stealth is causing that.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only spec I can find for you in FSM is oil pressure HOT @ 3300 RPM is 40-70 PSI Max and min curb idle is 10 PSI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg