Lucas Oil Products???

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Regarding the testing Mr. Bob did. First off, I wonder how old this test is? My main problem I see with the gear oil test is he used a fully synthetic gear oil with the standard-dino oil lucas additive. Sure, it says good for synthetics or conventional oils, but Lucas now makes a fully synthetic oil additive. Has anyone tried it yet? I've used it a couple times with AmsOil 10w30 and its nothing like the conventional Lucas. It is a lot thinner and seems to be more "clingy". I know the synthetic stuff raised the oil pressure about 5-8 pounds from idle to redline in my 500hp small block and the oil pressure didn't drop/fluctuate nearly as much once the oil got good and hot. I don't think I buy that test one bit. Its so inconclusive since he used two different oils, compared them, then added the Lucas to just one. I smell a fish there.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Now F100cleveland, how can you say that? Bob [Mr. Wizard] has performed some new experiments with Non-schaeffers products. Recently he tested Amsoil against 3-in 1 oil and proved that when using a cooking Wisk the Amsoil didn't hold up. Also, any good quality virgin olive oil was apparently the one to have when tested against Royal Purple in the heat tests. Strangely, the Royal Purple did well when used with vinegar during the salad test. The pizza test was inconclusive. As can be seen from the photos, his equipment is state of the art and were monitored by Cooter from the Dukes of Hazzard. :roflmao :roflmao

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have came to the conclusion that I have used lucas oil products for a long time and in my eyes all they have done is helped the vechiles I have used them on. The oil additive boosts oil pressure and make a worn engine run better. The transmission additive helped one of my transmissions stop slipping and improved shifting for a couple of months before I had it rebuilt. The fuel additive seems to help fuel mileage and improve performance. I don't believe Bob the Wizard or his tests. I will continue to use all of the lucas products and continue to reccomend them to others.

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use lucus products in everthing I own for years and hve nothing but good things to say about them. I would defanetly recomend them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14