Luk or South Bend?

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's experience with Luk or South Bend Clutches. Is one better for towing where the other is better for high performance? Looks like we are going to need one soon.

Not for truck in sig. Before someone chimes in.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I had a Luk on my 94'. It was the cermetallic clutch setup. I had no slippage at all. And to be honest the clutch started working a whole lot better once it was going south. One thing is mine had zero slippage so once you tried to engage the clutch it would engage hence the nice bunny hops I had till I got use to it. The clutch pedal effort was really sweet too. When I first installed it I thought there was something wrong cause it took like no effort to push in and release the clutch pedal. So I tore the truck back down and inspected to find nothing wrong. Since I live in the DFW area here in Texas we have traffic problems. It made it very nice when driving then. Also pulling the truck was a different beast than when it had the stock clutch. She would yank the load and just keep trucking. I suggest the Luk but have heard the South Bend is good also.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
South Bend Con OFE here!:thumbs

No experience with the Luk.

My clutch has organic lining on one side, ferametallic on the other. When I bought it, website said it was rated at 450hp, now it says 400.:dunno Plenty for me. Very smooth when loaded! Hasn't slipped at the track, stocker would slip around 70mph.

One thing is, if you plan on sled pulling, don't get the SB. They don't like to be slipped from what I've been told!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Both are great products, I will say However, I have only interfaced with SBC, and with what I know... form my expeireince, when the time comes again... I will Be Calling SBC for additional product... Great Team, can't say enough good about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14