Mail In Rebates..

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'd think that companies that invalidate rebate offers due to some "spur of the moment, fabricated" reason is just the sort of thing your state's attorney general office would be interested in hearing about.

The problem is, you have to have copies of all documents, forms, receipts etc. You should also have proof as to when the rebate form was mailed in. The proof is in the documentation.

I recently had a new roof put on the house. There was a $150 rebate on the shingles. The good news is I got the rebate. The bad news is it wasn't a check but an in-store credit for Menards where I bought the shingles.

Gotta love Menards :rolleyes:

Save BIG money :roflmao

My Dad has fun with all the rebates and free stuff... comes home and says look at what I got free today... and yes he sends all the rebates in and gets them back. ;)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think that companies that invalidate rebate offers due to some "spur of the moment, fabricated" reason is just the sort of thing your state's attorney general office would be interested in hearing about.

The problem is, you have to have copies of all documents, forms, receipts etc. You should also have proof as to when the rebate form was mailed in. The proof is in the documentation.

I recently had a new roof put on the house. There was a $150 rebate on the shingles. The good news is I got the rebate. The bad news is it wasn't a check but an in-store credit for Menards where I bought the shingles.

I hear ya Kent. I went on-line trying to find a way into PBs corporate end. Instead, I got into 2 pages of entities & sites that are taking action against PBs for their Shady ways of Welshing out of Rebates. I didn't know it but after reading a few comments from customers, it looks to me like this is a common practice...

I found a listing of What had a Re-bate & When. My purchase was on it, during that period.

But: The card said I would have to resubmit all copies of the re-bate request. I don't have copies. They Know That. :sly

They oda take the RE out of RE-Bate and just say: Bate; Bate you inta the store and RE-move yer money, under a false pretence that you could save a few bucks.

adrianO

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is important to always take time to read and understand the requirements on a rebate coupon, in order to redeem it successfully and get the funds, as some have Byzantine rules about accepting the coupon, such as requiring the receipt with the item circled and needing the UPC label along with the rebate coupon form. Article source: Mail-in Rebates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58