Major Overhaul

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi every one, I haven't posted anything before becouse averything I have is old hat but when the ____ hit's the fan it hits hard.

First I had an offer to put my truck ( 07 6.0 crew cab duelly 4.30 rear end ) on the Dyno and see what it was doing with the Big Hose Bundle. We put it on setting #3 ( this is what I pull my trailer on ) and got 364 hp w/ 638 lb-ft torque, we held the speedo at 70 mph. Next we let it all out #6, 421 hp w/ 762 lb-ft torque 70 mph, not bad but I thought it could do better so we did it again for max power output. Thats when she blew. It started to smoke a little and the water temp started to go up, fan kicked in and we shut it down. Turns out I blew the head gasket. Long story short I had to remove all my mods to get ford to cover the work. The Dealer was ok with the exhaust and intake. Repairs were done and I opted to replace the air intake with an AFE System. ( it was free, just to see if it is any better than the Banks) I also replaced the head bolts with stronger ones. I have to break it in again and then put every thing back on. I did hook up the 6 gun but i'll leave it on the stock setting for a little bit. ( till i get sick of no power, ha ) One note, This was not a good Dyno run but if I ever get another chance i'll do it again and ya I had to do the ZooDad.

Here's a few pic's of my ride.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, wait for it. You are sooooo gonna get bashed on this one by the guys here who work at Ford.

You shoulda kept quiet on this one.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
When I dyno'd for the first time (when I had a 6gun, and before I knew any better) the best it managed was 381rwhp and 734 rwtq.

I'm having a hard time believing that big butt dually hit 421 with a 6gun.

But then again, I could be wrong :dunno

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Bamasixgun

Do you think the Dyno was false? It was my first time and i'm pretty green on Dyno's. I was hoping for more with the Big Hoss Bundle. Mabe i'm fooling myself?

Thanks for your input

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Dude, wait for it. You are sooooo gonna get bashed on this one by the guys here who work at Ford.

You shoulda kept quiet on this one.

I don't work at Ford & have nothing to do with the industry - & it still gets my blood boiling. I won't waste my breath (fingers) bashing someone who thinks they're entitled to play at the expense of others. (Ford & IH employees, Ford & IH shareholders) Some people just don't care how their actions affect others. :rolleyes:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't work at Ford & have nothing to do with the industry - & it still gets my blood boiling. I won't waste my breath (fingers) bashing someone who thinks they're entitled to play at the expense of others. (Ford & IH employees, Ford & IH shareholders) Some people just don't care how their actions affect others. :rolleyes:

+1 ! what they dont get is it drives the cost up for EVERYONE,
its far from being free thats for sure !

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think if you blew it up, you need to pay, not Ford.

I fried my tranny once messing around doing 4wd HI launches, I was honest and up front about what I did to my buddies at the Ford dealership and it cost me over 3 grand.

I probably helped my head gaskets fail from tuners and playing with power, I paid to have the engine pulled and to have head studs put back in.

If you blew it up, just take care of it dude.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
When I dyno'd for the first time (when I had a 6gun, and before I knew any better) the best it managed was 381rwhp and 734 rwtq.

I'm having a hard time believing that big butt dually hit 421 with a 6gun.

But then again, I could be wrong :dunno

What does the truck being a dually have to do with how much power it can put to the ground? They take the 2 outside tires off, usually. I'm lost on this one.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
What does the truck being a dually have to do with how much power it can put to the ground? They take the 2 outside tires off, usually. I'm lost on this one.

It don't, I was just be alittle sarcastic I guess John, sorry. :)

I am surprised it dyno'd with that kinda HP tho, wish mine would have turned a number like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58