Manual to Power mirrors

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my 99 mirrors to the telescoping Tow mirrors. I'd really like to have power mirrors, as it isn't feasable to keep sliding over to adjust mirrors everytime the wife gets in and drives. I currently don't have power mirrrors, but was wondering if the wire harness is in place where all I'd have to do is get a switch and mirrors and be able to plug everythign in. Has anyone done this?

Bill

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my 2001 and yes the wire harness was there. All I had to do was get the plate on the door that had the switch in it and everything worked fine. Now remember this was on an '01 so check behind your door panels to see if yours has them before you buy or start. Good luck.

Scott

Lurch_F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HI Guys

Don't mean to hijack the thread,:oops: but are the smaller mirrors available as a power version? I have the telescoping ones(powered) and would like to switch over to the others. Are they just a simple re and re on the outside of the door or is there a difference in the mountings?

Thanks,
Lurch

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that they do, because i see them on some lariat's and X's. But who knows

P.S. Bill, if you are going to get the telescoping mirrors try for 03-06, i LOVE the mirror lights

Lurch_F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Frankenstein,

You wouldn't happen to know if the controls from my existing telescoping ones will work for the paddle ones?

Thanks,
Lurch

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Lurch_F350 said:
Thanks Frankenstein,

You wouldn't happen to know if the controls from my existing telescoping ones will work for the paddle ones?

Thanks,
Lurch

When I bought my X it had the powered paddle mirrors on it. The dealer installed the TT mirrors with lights and power as part of the purchase agreement. It was a simple process to remove the paddles and install the TT's. Used the same controls in the cab, everything just plugged right in, to include the lights. I don't see why it wouldn't work going from TT's to paddles.

Hope this helps. Good luck.:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14