MEDIC!!! 2000 electronic problem

NVJAY775

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I definitely learned this one the hard way. Unfortunately I didn't know to tape it off, so it couldn't disconnect. As Forest would say, "That's all I have to say about that"

Thanks much for all the info guys!

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure the wiring on a 2000 is the same as a 2004 but I suspect it is. If you can locate connector C270f, the left most connector at the bottom of the Central Junction Box over your left foot. This connector has 2 rows of 6 wires, total of 12. Pin #10 a light blue/orange wire is the PCM ground path for the fuel pump. If you put a pin in that wire and ground it while the ign. is on the fuel pump should come on.

If this is the case the PCM is shot. All this test does is bypass the PCM ground path for the fuel pump.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen this happen before when I was at the dealer. Sometimes the dealer can reflash the PCM. In some cases the program has been wiped out. There is a guy in texas that has a Ebay site that works on PCM's. He may beable to reflash the unit. I'll see If I can find it and post it. Unplug the Wildman 4 position chip from the PCM and see if it starts you may have cooked the chip.

Last edited:

NVJAY775

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been told the chip may have cooked and not to plug it back in til I send it in and get it checked. Evidently if I plug the chip in to another PCM and the chip is cooked, there is a good chance it will cook the new PCM.

Huge thanks for the help there. Keep it coming.

I thought about bypassing the power to the fuel pump, but wasn't sure if it would harm anything else in the process?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58