Meguires Scratch-x

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was eyeing up a bottle of this stuff to remedy a few hair scratches on mytruck. It says to use a soft terry cloth, but i was wondering if a small microfiber pad would do the trick? they are cheap and have em right next to the compound. I think a sponge was mentioned also, but not too sure what it would be. I dont wanna come home a put swirls into the clear ya know? Thanks all!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Use what they suggest. When I think of Microfiber I think of a small scrubbing pad. Not good.

Dave

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks. thats what i was thinkin. clear isnt exactly the same as a wheel. I'll have to take another look at rags when i am back at the store then.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
The Terry cloth has more cut to it than the Microfiber or a foam applicator. It will take quite a bit of hard rubbing to remove the scratches but you can remove them.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a microfiber towel last time i waxed my truck, it came with the clay bar kit from mothers. I really liked it did a nice job and was a lot easier to work with than a terry cloth i plan on getting some more of them

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I used a microfiber towel last time i waxed my truck, it came with the clay bar kit from mothers. I really liked it did a nice job and was a lot easier to work with than a terry cloth i plan on getting some more of them

The microfiber towels are nice for removing waxes and Quick Detailer I think I have well over 100 at this point and its almost not enough when I do a detail. But for what he is doinf he needs the cutting ability of the Terry to polish the scratch out of the clear.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

X2 ;tu

I use Micro-Fiber pads & clothes for All the cleaning/waxing. I've also used them with the Scratch-X.. they work very well... seems to, "Git down inta" a scratch, better than a terry cloth.. Buffs & Polishes out better too, IMO.

Just My .07 :dunno

Joe

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Ok let me explain it this way then think of it like the different grits of sand paper. You will get your results faster and with less work using Terry than you will with MF and Foam.

Terry= 1000 grit
MF= 1800 Grit
Foam applicator= 2000 grit

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok let me explain it this way then think of it like the different grits of sand paper. You will get your results faster and with less work using Terry than you will with MF and Foam.

Terry= 1000 grit
MF= 1800 Grit
Foam applicator= 2000 grit

:lmao I'm think'n when it boils down to good Gravy.. It's whatever works. (for you) ;):lmao

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
:lmao I'm think'n when it boils down to good Gravy.. It's whatever works. (for you) ;):lmao

I know but I was in the mood for a good debate today.:lmao I also use a machine for all the polishing I do on my truck and my wifes car because I tried ScratchX and said this crap is for the birds.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58