Methanol Injection?

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
wut do any of u guys think about runnin washer fluid?? or mixing that? have any clue wut percentage of methanol is in it?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You don't want to burn soap. There is stuff in washer fluid that would do your engine no good. Water or Methanol would be much better. The idea is to lower the intake airflow's temperature. Methanol does it better than water, but water is cheaper and it works.

Dave

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
You don't want to burn soap. There is stuff in washer fluid that would do your engine no good. Water or Methanol would be much better. The idea is to lower the intake airflow's temperature. Methanol does it better than water, but water is cheaper and it works.

Dave

The more meth you add the less cooling effect you get, straight water will give you the best EGT cooling effect, about 200-150. Add 20% meth and you get about 100 drop, at 40% I get about 100-50 drop in EGT's but a BIG jump in HP... If your pulling stick with straight water, dyno or racing no more then 40%:sweet

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you will be fine, I ran RainX WWF for a whole winter... No issues. It's just something I dont think the motor needs...

SnowTech.3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Most of the cheap -20 degF blue washer fluid is about 30% methanol, 70% water.

You can shake it and see if it sudses or bubbles up - if it doesn't, there's no soap.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
SnowTech.3 said:
Most of the cheap -20 degF blue washer fluid is about 30% methanol, 70% water.

You can shake it and see if it sudses or bubbles up - if it doesn't, there's no soap.
Besides, it may not be a bad thing at all to run some soap mist through the engine every once in a while, like a steam cleaning to keep it all shiny and new inside. Maybe right before oil change???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58