Question Mexico bound what to pack

JSchuricht

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you going mainland or Baja? If mainland, you need a vehicle permit to go past the border towns. Don't bring any weapons. Do bring an extra fuel filter and spare tire. Bring some empty gas cans so you can bring back some of their inexpensive fuel. Fan belt, water, oil, duct tape, flash light, jumper cables, tie straps. Don't plan on driving at night unless your suicidal. If your going to Baja, cross at San Ysidro and take corridor 2000 to MX 1, expect some delays for road construction. If your going Baja, check out bajanomad.com for some up to date road conditions.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to warn Him also

But He stated He does it all the time and knows his way around He was just looking for 6.0 related items that may need to be carried as spares .

Most all superduties the get stolen In AZ wind up in Mexico .. I sure as hell am not taking mine down there just to save them the trip lol

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys i will let you know how it goes, i never had any issues with my V10 so hopefully my used 6.0 will survive, i go for the baja mil race every year and this year it goes to La Paz so i probably could get anything i need from the dealers in La Paz, i was able to access good parts in Cabo several years ago.
Thanks again, and may the good lord bless you and your families.

chadjones99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pack extra 20$ bills to pay off the people at the road blocks
and make sure you DO NOT HAVE A GUN OR AMMO WITH YOU! unless you want trouble
oh and get the darn mexican car insurance at the boarder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58