Might be buying a truck - What to pay??

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the scoop guys. I am really looking to take advantage of the current offers (and hardship) of Ford right now. Of course I am gonna get whacked around a little on my trade in, F350 DRW diesel CC 4x4. But, if I can really get the right price on a new 08 gasser, it would be nice to lower my payment. Again, I love my truck, but a lower payment would be sweet. Unfortunately an F150 won't do the trick since I don't feel it's up to the task of towing my car (#6500). Rated yes......up to it.....no.

I have found one that I REALLY REALLY like a lot. It has everything I want with the exception of the sunroof. The dealer had already told me they can't do anything on the price blah blah blah outside of employee pricing and 2,000 cash back. Where would you guys start with the offer for this truck:

2008 F-SERIES SD F250 4X4 CREW/C - New Inventory Details at Gjovik Ford Mercury, Inc. - Your Sandwich, Illinois Ford Mercury dealer

The employee price is like 41,150 then tack on the 2k cash back and $500 more if I finance thru Ford. Let's not worry about the trade in for now. I'll deal with that part. I was thinking of telling them that I will pay 33k + taxes.

Whaddya think???

To high! A friend just bought a 2008 fx4 powerstroke for 30k out the door.

Keep shoppin

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. My plan is to negotiate the best selling price, than talk about the trade in. Either way, like I said I know I'm gonna get slapped around on the trade in, but I am wondering what you guys would buy just the truck for.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. My plan is to negotiate the best selling price, than talk about the trade in. Either way, like I said I know I'm gonna get slapped around on the trade in, but I am wondering what you guys would buy just the truck for.

if gas 26k out the door. maybe 27k depending on the truck of course. i didnt look at the link, i will now.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cuz that's whats on it already. I would actually prefer the 3.73's. Most I ever tow is about 7k and my old Ex with the V10 and 3.73's handled the task just fine. But 4.10 will make it easier. I have 4.30's in the Diesel now and it really limits me to an empty speed of 59 - 61 when it would be nice to do 70ish while empty.

Again though, I love my Powerstroke man. I am only gonna do it if I get that screaming deal that lowers my payment a couple a hundo! Probably won't happen....which is cool too.

It's nice to be the biggest baddest truck on the road!

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
He says with trade...Well see he signing the papers tuesday. so ill know for sure then. But he had in writing 30k out the door after everything

So really you don't know if he lost BIG $$$ on his trade if you only know half of the deal. I garrantee you the dealer is making $$$ on the deal. If his trade was paid for, worth $25k, but they only gave him 15k, and the new truck went for 40k, you arrive at 30k after the trade. That doesn't make it a good deal. He lost 10k in that deal because of the devaluation of his trade.

Like I said before, if he is trading in a gas guzzler, THEY DON'T WANT IT!!! There is NO WAY they are paying him top$ for his trade, AND selling the new one for bottom$. They will make at least $2-3k on him.

Most people know this, but few admit, that we usually don't tell all of the facts when buying a new vehicle, because deep down inside we know we gave money away. So we just say, "Hey, look what I got for $30k!!!"

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cuz that's whats on it already. I would actually prefer the 3.73's. Most I ever tow is about 7k and my old Ex with the V10 and 3.73's handled the task just fine. But 4.10 will make it easier. I have 4.30's in the Diesel now and it really limits me to an empty speed of 59 - 61 when it would be nice to do 70ish while empty.

Have you considered a set of 3.73s for the Powerstroke?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58