Might Buy A Fiver, Need Help!!!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I found on a 281
TOTAL PRICE $15,565 $18,790 He must be adding in the rent of it staying there, and if it's inclosed it;s not a bad deal. Be sure you turn on the AC and see how cold the air coming out of it is. What is the temp inside the ice box after it's been on for 12 hours on #2 sating. Should be around 35 to 40 at the highest.
When you turn on a ref, don't turn it on high. Only turn it to about #2 and let it cool down and if it needs to be colder then turn it down some more.

Last edited:

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 38' Wildwood fiver it is solid and clean has a 12'x8' garage fully loaded one slideout. I paid $16,800.00 cash to the first owner based on that the price you are looking at seems high.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best advise I can give you is to have a independent 5th wheel mechanic check out all the systems before you buy it. Used 5th wheels can be great deals, and also can be a nightmare. Make sure it is 100% good before giving them your money, or have them reduce the price for the repairs.
We bought a new Wildcat 29rlbs from the factory, and it along with most other trailers, had problems that needed to be fixed. Nothing major, and all things were under warranty, but problems none the less.
Wheel bearings, brakes, propane system, A/C, electrical system, plumbing system, 12 volt corrosion problems, are all things that need to be checked when purchasing a used unit.

Good luck on whatever you do.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Well, I picked up my fiver last night and I love it. I completed putting my hitch in yesterday and my bags. My hitch which is a Reese 15K slider that I picked up on an out of box deal for 300.00. I also installed the airbags which I bought used for 45.00. I put about 45 lbs in and the trailer would not squat the truck so I took a little out so it would ride nice and level. So I am at about 25lbs. One thing I did not notice is that the wheels actually match the truck. I am leaving sunday morning for about a 2 hour trip to Jackson reservoir in Eastern Colorado. Thanks for all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14