Missing/no power

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I figured I didnt have a spare cps anyway

might want to look again..
I didn't think I had any either, and in the last 48 hrs have found two.

Um...
back to topic..

jump the across the GPR with a jumper cable.
If you wanted to, you could go right from a positive battery teminal to the GP side of the relay.. lay it on there for about a minute and a half, then try to fire it. (credit to member T-bar for teaching us this; I would have reached for a multi-meter, too)

my bet is it roars to life

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks JL, I have just been plain stingy lately, my first born is coming in two weeks....nuff said.

The spare cps you had layin around could have been useful a few days ago-:rolleyes:
If only you had a couple of gpr layin around too!:sly

I gotta break down and get that multimeter-been looking at one at northern, just afraid to buy anything in there, because I end up with 200 bucks worth of crap if I go in to buy just one thing.:dunno

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got battery situation delt with, still no start. Hooked up multimeter to gpr and it says a solid 11 amps, no more no less, so gonna switch out for a napa 109 just in case.
Did notice that the fuel bowl was a little less than half full after trying to start it and I distinctly remember it being almost full last time when I changed filter.

Any ideas, pump gone bad?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got battery situation delt with, still no start. Hooked up multimeter to gpr and it says a solid 11 amps, no more no less, so gonna switch out for a napa 109 just in case.
Did notice that the fuel bowl was a little less than half full after trying to start it and I distinctly remember it being almost full last time when I changed filter.

Any ideas, pump gone bad?

Well.. the fuel bowl should be Full, after the WTS cycled, might check yer fuses ? Or listen for the pump as you turn the key ?

How many volts did it show on the Batt side of the GPR ?

:dunno

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summary

OK, Summary

New GPR
11.7 Both sides GPR
1.8 or 1.7 read from pins @ valve covers Xcept 2nd pin from rear D.Side(couldnt get reading)
2 charged good batteries
New CPS
Definitely getting fuel

Acting like she wants to start, almost catching. White Smoke while cranking.

I thought maybe harness on d.side came loose, but have good resistance on 3 of 4 gp, so I figure that rules it out, especially as the one I cant get a reading from is in the center.

Any help would be appreciated, I need the truck up and running asap!

Last edited:

dachshund

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well first thing I see is the voltage seems low to me. I think I remember the CPU needs to see 10.5 volts to fire the injectors. With the draw on the starter and glow plugs I wonder if it falls below 10.5 volts. If you are seeing white smoke that would suggest my theory wrong though. Try jump starting.

I have a digital volt meter connected to the fuse box running through my ignition and even at 0* I see over 12 volts with key on and glow plugs on. I do have one GP bad so the draw is a little less than all good GP's. That is running through the ignition so I'm sure there is some voltage loss.

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On both gpr I could hear the gpr click, and this one i can hear it whine as it powers gp.

I guess I will try to see if neighbor can jump my truck...but doesnt seem likely as I just charged both batteries.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BD, When you say you got the Battery situation delt with.. what did you do ?

"Almost Catching" ? I'm think'n you got some voltage issues go'n on. On the Batt side of the GPR you should be seeing at least... 12.5+ volts.

Been said Many times before but, the PCM WON't let these things Fire Up.. without Good, Clean, Strong Voltage & Amps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14