Missing/no power

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
So its better but I only have 11.75 volts @ battery/gpr. None of the wires appear corroded.

So basically I have too much resistance somewhere, and it is not allowing the current to travel through correctly?

How do I troubleshoot individual wires, do I use resistance?

resistance may not show much.
use the voltage drop test Bigrigr described.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Clean all of your battery cables, BOTH ends, including ALL of the GROUNDS. Then see what you have.

Dave

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will clean up the connections first thing in the am! Got to go google voltage drop test and see what the hell that means:D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will clean up the connections first thing in the am! Got to go google voltage drop test and see what the hell that means:D

Clean the terminals up REAL shiney clean. bend the cables around at the terminals, then tap them to see if any corosion falls out. If none, Try to start it. If No Go....

Get a volt reading at the batteries, to use as a Baseline. Should be 12.5 at least. Then, with the + probe.. start taking readings at the batt side of the starter relay, key off.. then the starter side, key on.. then the batt side of the GPR.. then the other side.. and so on.. noting the volt readings as you probe along. When/if you find a 1 or 2 volt drop (?), that area, or part, could be a culprit.

Joe

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BigJoe, will do. I am going to start referring to you, DaveBen, and JL as the "Big Three" You guys are all over this forum! I definitely appreciate all the help!;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Thanks BigJoe, will do. I am going to start referring to you, DaveBen, and JL as the "Big Three" You guys are all over this forum! I definitely appreciate all the help!;tu

please please..
we're nothing special..
everyone else is on vacation... :tounge

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Clean the terminals up REAL shiney clean. bend the cables around at the terminals, then tap them to see if any corosion falls out. If none, Try to start it. If No Go....

Get a volt reading at the batteries, to use as a Baseline. Should be 12.5 at least. Then, with the + probe.. start taking readings at the batt side of the starter relay, key off.. then the starter side, key on.. then the batt side of the GPR.. then the other side.. and so on.. noting the volt readings as you probe along. When/if you find a 1 or 2 volt drop (?), that area, or part, could be a culprit.

Joe

It's Sunday morning, I got nothing going..
I'll pull my truck in the barn and put up a tutorial..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14