missing on a cylinder

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Since the PCM of your truck is so early, the chances of it revealing anything during a scan are slim to non-existant. I would stick to what you know and check all of the injectors by unplugging each one until you find the "bad" cylinder. Good Luck and have fun...

Dave :)

have a scanner put on it and run a buzz test and a cylinder contribution test.itll tell you what cylinder/s are bad.you can also unplug each injector with it running just like pulling a plug wire on a gasser but be carefull as there is 120 volts going to the injectors.it can and will bite you.

soldierncowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to troubleshoot before I start spending money on injectors, or anything else for that matter. As far as a bad connection causing the miss... I can rule that out. All of the wiring from the pig tails to the under valve cover harnesses is new, to include valve cover gaskets. I did know that a cylinder contribution test will tell me which cylinder(s) is/are missing, and that will narrow it down for me. I'll let you guys know more and more as I go along...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just cause the part is new dose not mean its perfect. And that goes for every part you ever buy.

Very, Very True. I've found that out.. Many, Many Times...

Purdy surprising.. how many "New" parts.. can be Bad, out'a the box.

Testing/Checking it out, BEFORE you put it All back together, saves alota wrench throwing ?.;):D:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58