MOBIL-1 Synthetic ATF warning!

Ggg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dave I found the Mobil-1 multi vehicle ATF at Autozone. I called the 1-800 phone number on he Mobil-1 ATF bottle. They told me they will continue to make the "old" ATF that is not Mercon V rated. I did notice it was in the same colored bottle as the other Mobil-1 ATF.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see that the bottle is the same shape/color, but from what I could tell the labeling was completely different. (other than saying "Mobil 1")

Just my .02

Regards,
Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Isn't all there oil(engine, transmission, gear, ext)in a silver bottle with very similar markings?

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap looked into mobil 1 today evey bottle looked the same ended up just getting some costal dex3 for the truck got the fluid flushed as good as possible. So Bryan got that done no more of the bad crap in the trans.

PSD PAC

semi handy guy
Reaction score
another option

Due to a recommendation by another PSD owner, I picked up several quarts of MTF Glide for my 6spd from www.specialtyformulations.com. Spendy stuff, about $10/qt, but meets all our needs and ratings.

Bad news is the guy charged an arm and a leg for shipping. My understanding from another user was that he'll work with people on shipping....but he didn't with me. $30 to ship from Kansas to Colorado for 6 quarts seems a bit excessive.

No results yet, haven't put it in - but there's another option now that Mobil 1 is going to be such a challenge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58