Morse code coming from the dash!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Does this truck have a hard disk in it similar to a desktop or laptop drive?

No

The computer aka PCM is flashed with a program to memory, there isn't any harddrive. The PCM is on the left kickwell next to the e-brake pedal.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are no disk drives in the PCM or any other controller. The drives can't hold up to the physical pounding of a vehicle. Good luck.

Dave

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that ain't right... I was supposed to have this figured out already! :rant

Guess I was gettin' too big for my britches... thanks for pulling the rug out from under me! I knew I could count on you guys! :tounge :roflmao

I'll carry it by the dealer, see what they say about it, and post my "findings".

Seriously though, thanks for all the responses. :sweet

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing to ponder..... do you have the nav option in your truck? any cd's left in the player? I believe if you forgot one of the nav cd's in the unit just maybe??? Just a thought.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing to ponder..... do you have the nav option in your truck? any cd's left in the player? I believe if you forgot one of the nav cd's in the unit just maybe??? Just a thought.

Since he has a King Ranch, I'm sure the truck does have the nav option. Hopefully that's the problem without having the dealer sniffing it out.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you're making me feel bad! Am I the only KR w/out navi?? :(:lmao

That's about the only option it didn't have on it. It's got the 6-disc changer though, and the noise does kinda sound like the changer is moving discs around, but that's not it.

I'll just try my best to ignore it until I get it to the dealer. Like T-Bar said, it's still their problem for the time being- let them figure it out!

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emptydub, How bout' an update, have you had time to bring your truck to the dealer yet?
Were all wondering here....

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noted the same noises after disconnecting batteries this weekend, when I went to start it afterwards the first time. There was a substantial clicking and whirring. If for sure was the CD unit; I had 1 CD in the 6 CD changer and it must sequence through and count 'em all up. It DID sound a bit like a hard drive doing its thing :D

But...I bet the dealer will have a much more interesting answer! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14