Motorcraft oil filters?

Rat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Since Wally World isn't allowed to sell them anymore :dunno does anyone know who made the filters for Ford?

FordMastertech

Ford Guru
Reaction score
I think the Ford dealers complained to Ford about the pricing they gave to the department type stores. I could buy a Motorcraft oil filter cheaper at Walmart than I could get it at work. The dealers cost for the filters was more than what Walmart was selling them for.
:dunno

Rat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Maybe Ford should get a little more price competetive when it comes to scheduled maintenance? Heck, as we speak they want $60.00 for an oil change, and that is their sooper dooper deal with coupon I recently received in the mail.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Rat said:
Maybe Ford should get a little more price competetive when it comes to scheduled maintenance? Heck, as we speak they want $60.00 for an oil change, and that is their sooper dooper deal with coupon I recently received in the mail.
Good grief $60 :roflmao

Max Power

Reaction score
The charge that kind of money because they can. So many people think that they are getting better parts/service from their dealership that they will pay the price. They are also worried about voiding their warranty by going elsewhere.

Ford dealerships charge those prices because they can.

I am so glad I do my own service work.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Keep an eye on ebay and you can get filters as cheap as they were at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart was much handier than ebay. When I heard they were going to quit carrying them I went and bought a dozen..

Rat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Keep an eye on ebay and you can get filters as cheap as they were at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart was much handier than ebay. When I heard they were going to quit carrying them I went and bought a dozen..

Good for you Crumm. :sweet :) I on the other hand was blind sided by this horiffic event. :eek:

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
in my neck of the woods auto zone has them for $9 and some change... right around that of wally world... bought one a week ago, the oil was what was cheaper for me to get a wal mart

not to hightjack but have any of yall been to you local sams club they had a sell on rotella in macon, not sure if all sams have the same sales... i bought 4 cases

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm w/ jlayne that autozone has them motorcraft branded and all for about 50¢ more. I remember seeing something about www.powerstrokeshop.com having a deal when you buy 6 or more mix & match filters and the price seemed reasonable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg