Motorcraft vs. Fleetguard filter?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the differences (besides cost) between the Motorcraft FL-1995 and the Fleetguard Stratapore LF-3794 oil filters? Geno's Garage has 'em (I haven't looked anywhere else just yet) @ $11.95 for the Motorcraft filter and $17.95 for the Fleetguard filter and I'm curious if the Fleetguard offers an advantage. FWIW, I change the oil every 3000 miles, install a new filter, and I've been happy running Delo 400.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
jvencius said:
What are the differences (besides cost) between the Motorcraft FL-1995 and the Fleetguard Stratapore LF-3794 oil filters?

StrataPore info here
Personally, I use a K&N HP6001 oil filter in conjunction with my Oil Guard bypass filter. I've used the FL1995 in the past without a problem. They are $9.95 at WalMart

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
If you are looking to upgrade the filter I would recommend the Venturi from Fleetgaurd. This is the latest and greatest technnology on filtration. Both a full flow and bypass filter in one. Click here for a PDF on the Venturi

Stratapore info is HERE

We sell them as well but the correct part # is LF3974

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dale_Lakin said:
If you are looking to upgrade the filter I would recommend the Venturi from Fleetgaurd. This is the latest and greatest technnology on filtration. Both a full flow and bypass filter in one. Click here for a PDF on the Venturi

Stratapore info is HERE

We sell them as well but the correct part # is LF3974

Does the Venturi filter require any extra plumbing/adapters or does it thread on in place of the OEM filter? I read the paper about Venturi filters from your site and I didn't see the answer to that question...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Thanks Dale. Add the cost of my oil filter to my bypass filter cartridge and it's more than the Venturi. Wish I knew about this before I spent over $200.00 on my bypass filter housing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg