Mounting the pyro advice?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would the benifit to doing this while truck is running?

I'd imagine it would be to help blow the chips out of the hole you are drilling, rather than drilling with the truck off...chips set inside the manifold...then crank it and have chips blowing mostly into the turbo. Just my guess but some of these other guys could probably answer it better

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yes sir thats right...if you do it with it cranked be sure to wear gloves too it gets pretty warm...Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke this is from dieselmanor.com and they have all sorts of install sheets to help out....when i did all mine the laptop followed me around the truck :sweet good luck! like they said as long as ya go slow and use the different bits you should be ok...i was paranoid and had like 4 different bits

Last edited:

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a magnet that will fit into the hole. I did mine with the truck off. Drilled a pilot hole and then the right size. Tapped it and again with the magnet. No problems! I had the probe in the down tube, big difference in temps!!!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I did mine with the truck off, stepped by three or four bits, threaded it and vaccumed out the hole. a good word of advice i got was to wear eye protection!!! and glad i did too!

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got the pyro and trans temp sender mounted. Got my gauges up and the only one working right now is the pyro. The boost line was too short so I'm gonna have to get to it tomorrow.
As for the transmission temp gauge, I didn't have any connectors to connect the gauge wire to the probe wire. I just wrapped the wire together and wrapped some electrical tape around it. Could this be why my trans temp gauge isnt working? I bought some flat wire connectors (male and female). Will these be ok, considering that all the other connectors were the round male/female connectors that connect?

"Review of my gauges"
I got the gauges form Glow Shift for $200. Pretty good deal compared to the other 3-gauge sets and they had my Ford tan color. My only comlaints are that the collumn gauge pod doesn't exactly fit into place, so I bought some bouble sided tape to mount it. Also the gauges don't secure in place to well, so I bought some liquid tape to help hold them in place. I didn't wire them to my head light fuse. I put them on a switch so I could turn them off if they got on my nerves on those late night runs.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well a good quality set is $300-$350. The problems I have with it right now is only take about $15 to fix. So as long as its not a bad gauge, I'm pretty satisfied with them. Let ya'll know how I come out.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atleast use some heat shrink tubing. The adhesive helps seal up the ends and makes those connections weatherproof.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14