MPG q's from a new member

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK im getting a 2000 f250 7.3 with nothing done to it at all i need a diesel truck for towing very badly i kept making rear ends in my old gas truck explode so i sold it so what can i do to make this thing get the best gas milage possible what tuner is the best for it? thanks and all the help will be appriciated.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Visit with the fine folks at DPTuner, Jody and Diane are top notch, you'll find their banner at the top of the page. Let them know what you want and they will provide it. Get some gauges first.

Welcome to the forums Rat.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome Rat.

I see you are from Chattanooga, only about 1.5 hours NE of me in AL.

Glad to have ya here and congrats on your new ride.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
free flowing exhaust, tuner, and you should be getting some rather good mileage.

the trick is keeping highway speeds down, and not driving it like a street racer in the city. you will be very pleased with the mileage the truck gets while towing. welcome to the forum.

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
good to hear i was looking at the banks stuff but i see a lot of ppl using ts performance so im checking them too but im open to everythign should i go with 4in or 5in exhaust out back or go with stacks?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to the community Rat;tu

I also have a 7.3L with some mods that helped with MPG's as well as performance. A good intake like the AFE Stage II,4" exhaust system(I have Magnaflow),a tuner and several other low cost/free mods that produce a day/night product from stock:)

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
low cost and free make me super happy what are these mods? just wondering

CHPMustang

Reaction score
low cost and free make me super happy what are these mods? just wondering
Geez where do I start?:D

Fuel pressure shim/adjustment
Zoo dad
AIH delete
HPOP oil crossover line
CCV reroute
203 degree thermostat
Tymar style conical filter

Those will enable your 7.3L to idle smoother,accelerate smoother & better,lower your Exhaust gas temps(EGT),MPG's really depend on how far into the pedal you go.

If you're towing an Exhaust Gas Temp gauge is a must.

TikiWiki : CCV Modification for 7.3L
TikiWiki : DIY Large conical style air filter
TikiWiki : Shimming the FPR 99-03 7.3
TikiWiki : Fuel Supply Modifications
TikiWiki : Cold Air Intake Modification
TikiWiki : AIH Delete Mod

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thank you so much ive bookmarked everything and ill be doing the mods i can tonight

with exhaust does the brand matter at all and is 5in to large i like the way it looks is it bad to go that large ?

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not bad to go w/ a 5" just useless for what you want. And don't waste your money on BANK's products go w/ either TS or DP tuner. Also try running 2 cycle (ashless) marine oil w/ every fill up at a 1oz.:1 gallon ratio. Most guys have seen about a 2 mpg increase and it will also keep your injector well lubed since ULSD like to eat injector o-rings. Your engine will also run quieter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58