Mud Tire Recommendations?

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
IMO, your really not going to find a tire that's good on ice. Your gonna slide no matter what. that's like it drives me crazy when i hear people say " oh yeah, i have a 4X4, so the icy hill up my driveway will be no problem". Not really, all 4X4 does in the ice is spin all fours. So, braking is the same. While yes, certain tires are better than others on the ice, your really not gonna find a good ice tire that is also good in the mud and on dry roads. The only tires i know that are good on ice are metal studded. Not sure of the companies that make them though. Good luck. As for mud, definately BFG MudTerrains. Good Luck with your choice.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no "truer" statement was ever heard by me than the one...
"you cant drive on ice"

the ONLY thing that will help are studded tires...and not
many of us are willing to deal w/ those.

amtx915

EP Powder Coating
Reaction score
SS Boggers are obviously the best mud tire out there but if you want streetable tires i'd go with Goodyear MTR's.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
i have mastercraft courser C/T... I would consider them a mix between a mud and all terrain tire. Ive been in the mud a few times with them and the only time I got stuck was when the mud was too deep for 35" tires. They clean out good enough to keep you from just spinning, but there also road worthy.

They are also priced well for such a nice tire. (I also saw a set of the exact same tires made by a company called Durango Tires, and those are usually even cheaper in price)

I previously had a set of the Interco Truxus Mud Terrains on my suburban. I liked them alot because of the appearance, I did not have a problem with them cleaning out but they were a little bit harder to keep balanced and did not last as long.

I would recommend the Courser C/T, I like mine alot.

one thing you do need to consider is that you will probably get stuck alot more than most just because of the fact that your truck does weigh alot more than most "mud trucks" and it will sink faster.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive never found that an MT (be it a real MT or not) makes a very good street tire, they will wear faster, ride noisier and perform sub standard at best in all situations EXCEPT mud. For our trucks in 90+% of the situations an AT is more than sufficient.

JMHO.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
i have Pro comp mud's and they are a good tire. great traction in the mud and snow, HOWEVER, they wear REALLY fast. BFG a/t's will be my next tires.

amtx915

EP Powder Coating
Reaction score
See my earlier post. MT/R's are NOT mud tires and will gum up as fast as a BFG A/T in the mud.

I had MTR's on my tacoma and went mudding all the time, they never really gummed up for me. The sidewalls gripped the mud pretty well. I had them siped more, so that prob helped out too. The MTR has better traction in mud than BFG Mud's...which don't have any siping at all...IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58