My last truck was a 6.9er

robertoh

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the vote of confidence Dave:hail really do appreciate your opinion:)I have plans to do the pump as well as injectors:dunno would like to have the turbo checked--before I put the 4 inch:sweet exhaust on its only2.5 inch now--might give me a bit more power,maybe 5%?:dunno-any guesses?
BC:canuk Robertoh

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe get some modified injectors, see what that baby can push! I wonder what the turbo can handle, maybe need to upgrade to an OBS turbo later on.

Now I wanna go buy another 6.9L, thanks alot. :roflmao

Oh and any reduction in restriction helps, got any ideas for the intake?

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The intake isn't too bad. The air filter is what you need to change. I did a K&N in my '93 and it was good for a few ponies. There are better filters for the diesels. Maybe AFE?

Dave

NEokcTERROR

BREAKING STUFF !!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I still have an '84 model SC, LB, 6.9, 4 speed, 3.54 gear truck. Truck has new injector pump, injectors, glow plugs, and clutch. The body on it is hammered, but it runs like a dream. I would like to sell it if anyone is interested.

strokerfan2288

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my friend from skool is on his 2nd F250 w/ the 6.9 the first was an 84 2wd ext cab long bed (very rough cab) 4sp 390 gears it had over 550000 miles:woo and a fresh rebuild and punched a little from international so it was a rocket . now he bought another F250 same thing exept its 4x4,410 gears,bodys great shape and a awsome exhaust that crackles:jerk: :D :burnit :cool: it is the best ive ever heard from a idi oh baby :hail so now the punched out motor is being rebuilt(again)/painted and it is going in the new 86 i wish i had one :notworthy

tractorman86

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i've got a 91 250 4x4/w 4in lift and 35s reg cab/long bed 7.3l and a 5 speed:D i love that ol truck!!!!!!:thumbs it is great,no comp and all that hallabelew to go wrong!!!!!!!!!! i had about 200,000 when i got it (local farmer i know) got 16mpg, not the strongest runner so i turned up the pump, ended up snapping the shaft right behind the gear,a new pump later and it was like new again! i ended dropping a valve at round 300,000 and demolished a piston:eek: -mad
so i am looking for a rebuild with the best pistons i can get, any sudjestions? i am also having thr r.a. ballenced and a 3 angle valve job,so it will hold the ATS kit i will b buying shortly i also want better inj. but dont know where to look:confused:, :burnit
any help is GREATLY appreciated

Last edited:

Pipeliner_86

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm still smoking 'em out in my '86 F350 CC 4x4 and darn proud of it. Can't beat a truck that doesnt have a monthly payment.:burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58