My Parallel Turbo 7.3L

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
That set up looks great! But I would not have posted the sled pull or the drag strip as it looked like the truck didnt move the sled before something went wrong, and it sounded like something was wrong at the stip after you hit 2nd gear. Unfortunately the camera also stopped after you got into second gear on the strip, so we couldnt see the whole run. Like I said before the setup looks great just not the youtube vids.

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That set up looks great! But I would not have posted the sled pull or the drag strip as it looked like the truck didnt move the sled before something went wrong, and it sounded like something was wrong at the stip after you hit 2nd gear. Unfortunately the camera also stopped after you got into second gear on the strip, so we couldnt see the whole run. Like I said before the setup looks great just not the youtube vids.

Why hide issues?? You are always going to have problems with something new like this. I post everything I have.:sweet

We just got the engine together the night before the pulls and it had ran a whole 20 minutes before I hooked it to the sled. The truck moved the sled about 10 foot before I realized I had not locked the 4wd in. So I let out of the fuel and when I did the truck died and would not restart the couple times tried to crank it was 1:30 in the morning and they would not give me any time. So we pulled back to the pits and after about 3 try of 10 seconds of cranking it fired up again and was fine. I figured air in the HPOS and fuel was the reason for the hard start.

At the strip something did go wrong. At around 40psi of boost the turbo charge boots blew off. So I drove back to the pits and put them back on and tightened everything down extra good. Went to fire the truck up again and all it would do is click. So we hooked cables up and let it charge a little and fired rite up. Then we we unhooked the cables I watched the voltage gauge drop because the altenator was not charging. So that ended our night at the strip.

So there is the issues we have had. No matter if I have issues or not I like to let everyone see what all has taken place good or bad.:sweet

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I hope I didnt come off sounding like an @ss. I definately wasnt trying to. Keep posting the vids. I cant wait to see that thing smoke some little ricers on the strip!;tu

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, but all those pipes coming out of the hood is a bit much.

I was not that thrilled with the stack configuration in the beginning and it was temporay but it has grown on me a little now. Everyone that sees it in person says it is the meanest looking truck they have seen.

I am planning to shorten them up as I think they will look alot better shorter. But then again it catches a ton of attention the way it is and everyone that sees it loves it.:sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. A lot of work and some more to go before you are done. Keep it up!!

Dave

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How bad is the vision in the cab when driving? Looks like a lotta blind spots.

Well there are 3 blind spots for sure...:lmao

But as long as I can see to get down the drag strip and pulling track then that is all that matters...:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14