My possible new toy

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I've had some bad times recently as many of you know. Things are looking up though.

People say you can't sell a boat in wintertime. I put my boat on eBay on Sunday afternoon. Five hours later, it was sold! I don't have much time or inclination to get on the water anymore, and the boat is going to a new home near Memphis.

I've seen pictures of powerboatr's fifth wheel rig, and while I'm not pulling down the big money like Robert :D I saw a rig that I can afford. Not as nice as a Cedar Creek, but I ask for opinions and advice.

1995 Jayco Eagle fifth wheel

The guy that owns it needs cash more than a RV. Assuming I can get a bridge loan from the credit union until my boat proceeds and my dad's estate settlement come through, she'll be parked in my high bay garage in two weeks.

A Reese slider fifth wheel hitch comes with the RV. Guess I'll have to bring the heavy tools to 'Hotlanta. :D

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I won! The new buyer of my boat has taken delivery and I put in the winning bid for the Jayco fifth wheel. I go to get it next week. ROAD TRIP!

Maybe I can work my way a bit west and see all of you Texans!

Happy holidays to all!:grin

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice one.

Good luck on your new 5er. Jayco has good quality.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ray .. outstanding
rving is so much fun
we got a spot for you and your family at the fishing shack :roflmao

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I won! The new buyer of my boat has taken delivery and I put in the winning bid for the Jayco fifth wheel. I go to get it next week. ROAD TRIP!

Maybe I can work my way a bit west and see all of you Texans!

Happy holidays to all!:grin

ROAD TRIP !! NTxPSA Rally 2007 May 18-20 @ KOA campgrounds in Caddo Mills, TX

If your serious-popcorn

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
Looks like a great rig for the money! The beauty of that unit is that someone else already took the depreciation hit. You will be able to RV for a year or two, get addicted, then trade it in/resell for what you have in it.

NOTHING like a nice 5'er behind a Powerstroke! :sweet

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
Oh, find out what kind of truck that 5th wheel was mounted on. You will probably need Super Duty specific frame rail/cross bars to mount the hitch depending on what style it is. Get as much info as you can from the owner and then give Reese a call. Not a 15 min job, but not to bad either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14