Napa fuel filter problem?

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Talked to the mechanic at my dealer today and was informed that the small fuel filter that napa sells is shorter than the ford type and it causes a lean condition that has scored injectors on a few 6.0's I have the napa style in mine and was thinking of replacing them. I noticed that their filter didn't have the fabric outer wrap and the pleats were spaced farther apart. Anybody use Napa filters and what kind of luck you have with them?

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
How much do the NAPA filters cost?

Run over to your local International Truck dealer and pick up part #1847170C92 (this is the OEM filter) should be about $40.00, may be a little more than NAPA pos but less than Ford will charge you.

ab

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah.....local international dealer is the ticket. The one here in Omaha sells them for $36.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
While your at the IH dealer get part # 2589259C91 which is the nifty brass HFCM drain plug. About $15.00 and well worth it. :sweet

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
:jacked

i just had an idear: what does everyone think about a sticky/locked thread that only 'mods' can modify that contains part numbers (fomoco/ih, etc) of common parts we all need. everyone can send in what they have (or maybe look at the thread to make sure we don't over lap) and submit via pm or something to the mods so it can be inputted (is that a word:lmao)

i sure know i can (could) use a few of what is floating around out there and i just copied down the above 2 - ff are due up here shortly....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You want an information matrix? I still can't get a reply on where to get a SDD t-shirt or hat. :lmao

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I stoped at napa on my way home today and had them check out if there had ever been any complaints about their filters. None. They even called another Ford dealer to see if they had problems. None again. Still think I will change out to int. or ford filters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58