nearly stranded

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those who don't know 6.0 injectors can be permanently damaged by running them dry

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what gets damaged and how do i know if i damaged them?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The injectors themselves get damaged. I am not an injector person so I can't tell you what specific part gets damages, but the valves and pistons would be my guess.

Dave

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the actual injector is damaged and cannot be repaired . it would need to be replaced with a reman or new set
you would either need to notice a performance issue or get some test run

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not again!

Aw crap. one month to the day!!! it happened again. This time I had just stoped to fill with fuel. After the fill I started and moved it to the front of the shop and shut it off. After being inside for maybe 5 min it started with a rough idle, and the fuel gauge had hardly moved? It died when I moved it around the building. Uppon restart it was better. I ran it around some side streets still a miss but better. I decided to limp it to the inlaws. Once I got on it getting up to highway speeds it cleared up, like I fliped a switch. Any thoughts.

Thanks…. MrZiggy :dunno[/QUOTE]

I went to start my truck after work, and it hardly started. It came up to idle real slow, and had a miss. I shut it off and re started. Same thing! I tried moving it and it had zero power. I called a buddy to bring the scan tool. It showed no codes, unlike when the FICM was bad it wouldn’t even connect. We started it again and it was a little better. This time we were able to go for a spin around the block. No smoke. After we took it down the street it cleared right up. It was low on fuel, and by the time we got to the station it was running fine. Any thoughts? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am supposed to drive halfway across the state tomorrow. Do I dare trust her?

Thanks…. MrZiggy :dunno

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how low on fuel were you ? but the fuel gauge thing??

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
About 1/8 tank, after adding 25 gal the gauge showed just over 1/4. On that note, if the gauge is actin goofy, maybe it was lower than I thought???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58