Need a little help guys

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
barring it over manually basically means, cranking the engine by hand. get a long handled ratchet, and grab the dampner bolt at the front of the crank. slowly turn it over and see if you can hear or feel anything, like the rod dropping into the pan, or locking up the crank/rods (lets hope for the first of the two choices!)

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Well i tried to manually turn over the motor and well it stopped. Not sure if i need to try harder because there is a hard part in cycle of motor or the rod got stuck in parts mentioned above. does anyone one now of a link to see the entire motor and how its organized from top center down to the pan.

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
You might try pulling your glowplugs to make turning the motor by hand easier.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
try to go a little further but dont force it!!!!!if it wont go more turn it the other way.if the piece is stuck in there it should come out when you turn it the other way

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
try to go a little further but dont force it!!!!!if it wont go more turn it the other way.if the piece is stuck in there it should come out when you turn it the other way
That was my thoughts, that it would either fall out or get stuck and then he could back it up and it would fall out.

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you Guys

What is the correct way to turn it over the opposite direction?
This will not want to loosen the harmonic balancer?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should not loosen the bolt by turning it the "wrong" direction it is torqued on rather snugly

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys! :hail
I was able to get the piece out through the dipstick hole as instructed.
It came out in two pieces, ended up breaking then falling down to pan after cycling the motor in each direction a couple of time. I think it may be designed to break that way because I was not prying to hard when it broke.

Anyways the truck still does not start. Still not sure if it ran out of fuel for sure or a part on the truck malfunctioned. Was not the one driving it when it broke down. All I know is it will not start and turned off after acting like it was running out of fuel.
Brother friend say he checked glow plugs and there working properly?
Any ideas? I am willing to recheck everything my self one at a time. I am by no means a diesel mechanic but I am very good with detailed directions. I have over 8 years experience with aftermarket accessories and suspensions.

I Know this is going to be one of the things to check. Where do I check to see if hpop reservoir is full?

Thank You
Marco

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
check the fuses in the box on the drivers inner fender.any smoke from tail pipe while cranking?does the tach move whn you crank it?

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you

All fuses are good inside and out

Tach moves a little bit swapped cps sensor with my 03 7.3 didn't make a difference

Don't seem to see any smoke when I crank on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58