Need a little help guys

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
doesnt matter AND USE VERY LITTLE spray.doesnt need a whole lot maybe a second or so of squirt should be fine.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
it should fire without the glow plugs,not that cold out yet.but turn the key on and wait a good 4 minutes,hit it with starting fluid and see if it runs.if it stays running then id say you need glowplugs.

Starting fluid and glow plugs............. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tbar

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if done correctly starting fluid will not hurt anything.just need to make sure the glow plugs are out and cooled,disconnecting them is the best route.but a 5 minute wait after turning them on should be fine.i do it all the time up here in the winter and when workin on them.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i do the exact opposite....slam the key directly to crank, no waiting, no giving them time to get hot. no issues yet.

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanx Guys

Okay I tried using the starting fluid, Truck acts like it want to turn on but still nothing. I would only spray the starting fluid for about a second then I would wait the 5 minutes as suggested. Should I spray more? Its standard should I try jump starting it? Should I get a match?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sport250 the first thing you should do is throw the starting fluid in the trash. Using it on a glow plug equipped engine is a very dangerous thing to do. If you were to disconnect the plugs a short squirt might help you out but with them connected you are just asking for trouble.

A set of jumper cables or a battery charger to make sure you are getting enough voltage to the system would be a great place to start.

Sport250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank You Guys

I was finally able to start the truck while pull starting it. The truck runs and drives great, and restarts no problem. The starting fluid did not seem to work not sure if I didn't spray enough or what. Thank you for the help. I learned a lot from the steps you guys informed me of while trying to restart the motor.

Who has the biggest size down pipe for these models?
I have a twildman chip on my 03 7.3 would this be a good choice for my 94.5
Any other suggestions for added reliable power? Not really looking into a new turbo, injectors, or hpop just yet.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank You Guys

I was finally able to start the truck while pull starting it. The truck runs and drives great, and restarts no problem. The starting fluid did not seem to work not sure if I didn't spray enough or what. Thank you for the help. I learned a lot from the steps you guys informed me of while trying to restart the motor.

Who has the biggest size down pipe for these models?
I have a twildman chip on my 03 7.3 would this be a good choice for my 94.5
Any other suggestions for added reliable power? Not really looking into a new turbo, injectors, or hpop just yet.

WOW this was a large post, and with a HAPPY END, congrats because your truck is running again :clap::clap: to all of the persons who tried to help you.
For your new questions I suggest that you should open a NEW THREAD. But I recomen a 3 to 4" DP and then a 4" straight pipe. And get DIY stage 1s injectors and the chip.
Good luck.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
For your new questions I suggest that you should open a NEW THREAD. But I recomen a 3 to 4" DP and then a 4" straight pipe. And get DIY stage 1s injectors and the chip.
Good luck.

just go through Beans Diesel Performance he has package deals where you can get guages,chip,exhaust,injectors for short money.plus his customer service can not be beat.i havent dealt with anybody better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58