Need a winch, suggestions?

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the way I would want it is in the reciever mount to use both on front or rear. Thanks for explaining the weight.
Jesse

Murf06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 15,000 Warn mounted on my truck and have no problem pulling myself and others out. I also had a F150 with a Warn 9000(traded it in for the duty) and again no problems with that one either

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good way to store a 'reciever mount winch' is to mount a 2x2 universal receiver in the bed of your truck. When the winch is not needed you just slid it into the receiver, lock it and it is safe and secure until needed. I sure would NOT want 100 plus pounds of winch to become a projectile during some unscheduled event such as a WRECK or roll over.

Wreckaboy1

Too Short Towing
Reaction score
Ramsey winch

I have a set up that most don't have on their pickups, a fully hydraulic 8000lb winch that is mounted on the frame where a trailer hitch would go, and i made a cut out on the rear ranch hand bumper. I fabbed up a hydraulic tank, transmission PTO and such. Its awesome, never have to worry about draining batteries. I go where other wreckers and such don't dare. Pics are in my webshots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14