Need car moved from Arizona to Texas

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
It is a running driving vehicle so loading is no problem.

I thought about Bama?

bush, here is what he said, it does run.

bushpilot said, i would of course take all necessary precautions but i wouldnt be
liable...i have hauled more expensive things for friends...for a lot less (the
cost of fuel).

see, this is what gets me, i can understand haulin something for a friend, but here is where i have a problem. what if something happens bush, what if mabye a strap breaks loose, or you have a wreck.

you tear up the toyota, total it, or you kill somebody. are you gonna be liable then?

thats why i pay 40 to 50 grand in insurance every year, to protect ourselves from others, and to protect the general public if God forbid, my driver has an accident and someone gets killed.

if you are gonna haul for money, then you are for hire. you must by law, have ICC-MC authority to do so, you must have a US-DOT number, you must have these numbers placed on your vehicle, that is visible and easy to see.

you must carry liability and cargo insurance. you must have a vehicle inspection label on the truck and trailer, showing that all components have been inspected and are in operating order.

then you got these "hot shot" 3 car rigs out here on the roads hauling for hire, but have no name on their trucks, makin out fake bill of sales, as if they own the cars, when they are really haulin for hire. and doin this all to avoid the expense of an ICC-MC#, DOT#, having to pay qrtly fuel taxes, IFTA taxes, heavy highway use taxes, the proper kind of plates to haul the weight they are haulin, and so on, and so on.

no wonder insurances rates keep goin up each year. sorry for the rant. :rant

i'm not sayin that i am the only company there is that can move this car, and maybe you are inquiring about it too help out another person as a favor, but if i got you to haul my car, and something happened to it that was your fault, or you caused it to be damaged in anyway, you bet your gonna be liable for it.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stephen i agree...the work should go to you 1st...im not necessarily here
to make it easy / cheap on anyone...and THE LAST person i would consider
taking money from would be you (and your biz).

im just willing to help thats its nothin' else. i wouldnt touch ANYONEs car w/
out a SIGNED FULLY DISCLOSED RELEASE....ive done it w/ my BEST friends
they sign releasing me of ALL liablity or i dont pull

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
stephen i agree...the work should go to you 1st...im not necessarily here
to make it easy / cheap on anyone...and THE LAST person i would consider
taking money from would be you (and your biz).

im just willing to help thats its nothin' else. i wouldnt touch ANYONEs car w/

i thought so bush, just had to vent for a second, didnt mean to attack you buddy, if it looked that way.

i was generally speaking.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
fj40 is about 3500#. you can drag it on a conventional car trailer. i would NOT use a tow dolly for it w/o disconnection the driveshaft. DAMHIKT.
where are my manners- FJ's ROCK! they are truley bullet proof and a blast to drive. enjoy it!

Thanks
Title weight is 3200 lbs

I dont know if that is with or without the hardtop and those things so it is probably a bit more. It is running driving tagged and inspected. I am getting some extra stuff with it that will all fit in it without compromising driving it, and the things will be secured for travel.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i wouldnt touch ANYONEs car w/

you better check into that REAL good!!!! out here a document like that is used for toilet paper.we use this trick on the ricers with body kits.it works for them but if they decided to sue for ripping the body kit off thier car they will win.the courts and insurance companies look at liability/damage waivers and laugh at us.wich is the reason i make them remove the body kits before i touch the car.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
you better check into that REAL good!!!! out here a document like that is used for toilet paper.we use this trick on the ricers with body kits.it works for them but if they decided to sue for ripping the body kit off thier car they will win.the courts and insurance companies look at liability/damage waivers and laugh at us.wich is the reason i make them remove the body kits before i touch the car.

mega ditto's, like once said, i have the T-Shirt (been there, done that)

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I love it when people wave liability release forms as if they're some kind of legal bodyguard. Usually not worth the paper they're printed on.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of Cra_. If I were to help a friend by towing his vehicle, and he sued me, I would have some one catch him for me, and I would beat the cra_ out of him with my cane. If by the time I caught up to him, I could still remember why I was chasing him.:D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have paid alot of damage claims, even when it was something beyond our control that may have been part of the "non-liable" stuff that is on our bill of ladings.

but some of this stuff is just common sense that alot of these idiots out their have non of, when it comes to shippin their vehicles.

for example, like rich said. these ricers that want their cars that are 2" off the ground, hauled for dirt cheap on an open carrier, and expect the ground effects to be in one piece when it gets to them. it aint gonna happen, no matter what you do. first of all, they should have had it shipped on an enclosed carrier, that is better equipped to handle low riding vehicles.

they have a single ramp, that can be lowered flat on the ground, so when loading a low car, it will not drag the front and rear bumpers. (common sense yall, dont be a cheap ---)

another example, we once hauled a car, that we put on top, as requested. it had a canvas like top, and the exhaust from the stacks stained the top. the dude claimed that he was not informed that car haulers have exhaust stacks, that could potentially stain his top. in this case, the broker he used, promised him the world, (as usual) he wanted me to buy him a brand new top for his car, it never happened. no i will not be liable in a case such as this.

we once hauled some cars to SC, when hurricane HUGO hit that area where we delivered the cars. would you believe that the buyer tried to sue my dad for shipping the cars there, causing them to be destroyed by AN ACT OF GOD, A HURRICANE??? yes, it did happen. now should my dad have been held liable for the hurricane??? just like pres. bush caused hurrican katrinia, that left thousands homeless????

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

i could go on and on and on and on. ya'll get the idea. there are people out there who willl drain you dry and ripp you off, when it comes to transport claims.

im gonna stop, cause the more i type, the more madder i'z getz.

we do our best to provide a good service, and yes sometimes things happen beyond our equipments, drivers control.

just one more example. we hauled a pick-up truck that had a fiberglass bed cover. it closed securely, but just happened to pop up on its own. one of the shock closures came loose inside and caused it to open up while goin down the road on our truck.

well, my driver, who was tryin to help out, used some bungee cords to keep it closed, so it would not get damaged. the wrapped the bungee around the handle and down to the bumper. well the straps scratched the tailgate alittle bit.

the used car dealer it went to, wanted me to pay to have the tailgate repainted, even tho, my driver was only doin what he could to keep the tonneuo cover from getting damaged, and the dealer understood this, and even believed we were not liable for the damages, but still insisted on us paying for it.

i would not do it, and no we were not at fault. you cannot trust AFTERMARKET, NON FACTORY INSTALLED EQUIPEMENT to allways perform as it should.

but i digress.

Last edited: